Collier EDACS Performance Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else listen to CCSO EDACS? The main site ( TC Way ) is 16 channels.

For several weeks a few of the system frequencies have been just above the noise floor. It results in many LEO’s complaining about “radios are terrible”. I hear the same on my x36.

Assuming that the majority of channels are good it seems reasonable to assume the TX system antenna is OK. Several bad transmitters being left in service makes no sense.

I have loaded the system frequencies conventionally. The same frequencies are dead full quieting and the others are always at the floor.

Makes no sense to me. Any thoughts?

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
well, i would bet that the system is well beyond end-of-life.... as all conventional EDACS systems are.... and either (a) they don't know/realize it or (b) they don't care or (c) they don't have a maintenance contract on the system and got quoted 7 figures ++ to replace the system with something current-day

my system here in brevard (also analog EDACS w/ Provoice capability) is facing the same problem, but they do seem to keep it well maintained. If I was a betting man, I would say Brevard is waiting for SLERS 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.