Nashville TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Phase II TDMA system data on the CC verified by DSD+....

Also new TG found.
TG 3583 with RID of 10008 (TG not in database)
Usage unknown.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Phase II TDMA system data on the CC verified by DSD+....

Also new TG found.

TG 3583 with RID of 10008 (TG not in database)

Usage unknown.

Encryption?

Sent from my iPhone 8 using Tapatalk Pro
Jason WX4JCW
Unication G4, BCD536HP

KN4UQZ

So, Nashville is going through a reorganization. There are additional ID's being brought on-board to accommodate a new police precinct being built as well as some department reorganizations of existing TIDs. In addition it is rumored that Williamson Co, is going to be adding a tower on the Nashville P-25 system and will be going to digital using Nashville's system. Well, not rumored, it is a fact, I just am not privy to the progress or details. :)

INDY72

Not JUST a tower... There is a large Simulcast TRS being built out using Nashville's Core, to build them both together into a large regional TRS. It officially will be called the Central TN Regional Radio System, and also will tie in to the TVA P25, and eventually is to become a large section of the TACN. All that is already been announced and media covered a bit. Of course it will get BIG coverage once they do the full online etc.... Basically central TN version of the TVRTRS that is the original core system of the TACN build. From last I heard, whole thing should be going by next spring, as well as the old analog system 2 finally going bye bye. TACN switch in a couple of years.

kg4ere

Premium Subscriber
I work for the City of Franklin, which has been on P25 800 for many years. Currently Williamson County is installing new towers and equipment to connect to Franklin's existing system. Basically expanding Franklin's system to cover all of Williamson. It will also be tied in to Metro's system. The way it was explained to me is that we will act like fail safes for each other. Then the entire system will be tied into the TVA and TACN stuff.

The latest is that they want the new system up and running by the end of this summer for testing. Motorola Nashville was at the Franklin Fire Stations over the past few weeks removing old radios and installing new radios. They will eventually be installing and issuing new radios to ALL agencies in Williamson County. They must be serious about the system being up and running before the end of the year. I won the contract to remove all the old Knox Box/Sentralok key systems and install new ones on all fire apparatus in the County. The old Knox Box/Sentalok system uses DTMF tones set off by dispatch to release the keys over the VHF analog system. The new radio system obviously will not do DTMF, so all the boxes had to be swapped out.

Last edited:

INDY72

Milf it may not be none of my business, but can I ask where you get your information at?

A lot of places from Motorola folks, to DPS folks, to government employees, relatives in the government and in DPS, press releases, watching FCC licensing, actual monitoring.... And a lot of inside informants that I will not disclose as to keep their jobs, personal information, and other things safe. In multiple States, not just TN. I have made a contact or two over the years in places I have lived, visited, etc. Once you have been involved with scanning, and Public Safety for over 30 years, you build up good sources,.. And sometimes a few bad ones, but the good stuff out ways the bad, and the good sources will usually correct bad info very fast!

Last edited by a moderator:

KE4AXW

Williamson question

I work for the City of Franklin, which has been on P25 800 for many years. Currently Williamson County is installing new towers and equipment to connect to Franklin's existing system. Basically expanding Franklin's system to cover all of Williamson. It will also be tied in to Metro's system. The way it was explained to me is that we will act like fail safes for each other. Then the entire system will be tied into the TVA and TACN stuff.

The latest is that they want the new system up and running by the end of this summer for testing. Motorola Nashville was at the Franklin Fire Stations over the past few weeks removing old radios and installing new radios. They will eventually be installing and issuing new radios to ALL agencies in Williamson County. They must be serious about the system being up and running before the end of the year. I won the contract to remove all the old Knox Box/Sentralok key systems and install new ones on all fire apparatus in the County. The old Knox Box/Sentalok system uses DTMF tones set off by dispatch to release the keys over the VHF analog system. The new radio system obviously will not do DTMF, so all the boxes had to be swapped out.

KG4ERE: I think I understand the plan for Franklin moving to the williamson county/metro system. Makes sense I think.

What are plans surrounding encryption? I hope they will leave in clear?

tbharper

Premium Subscriber
A lot of places from Motorola folks, to DPS folks, to government employees, relatives in the government and in DPS, press releases, watching FCC licensing, actual monitoring.... And a lot of inside informants that I will not disclose as to keep their jobs, personal information, and other things safe. In multiple States, not just TN. I have made a contact or two over the years in places I have lived, visited, etc. Once you have been involved with scanning, and Public Safety for over 30 years, you build up good sources,.. And sometimes a few bad ones, but the good stuff out ways the bad, and the good sources will usually correct bad info very fast!

Thanks!! I was just wondering, as you seem very knowledgeable and accurate on a lot of things happening. I thought there might have been something I was overlooking on the internet. Thanks again!!!

INDY72

Last I heard on the CentralTN RTRS... There will still be the encryption that is in use for Metro etc.. Williamson will have E on pretty much ALL LE TACS, etc but not on primary dispatches. Interops and Mutual Aids will be MOSTLY Clear. Unsure on how they decide to go on the MED TGs yet.. Also unsure as to what if anything they plan on changing once the whole system goes TACN. THP and Motorola made the initial linking set up on Metro P25 for TACN and other expansions over a year ago. Currently they are making sure the whole system can support TDMA use, and testing out data and such in preparation for the initial power up and testing of the first part which is combining Franklin and the new Williamson County simulcast. Then the combination of that too Metro. Then they hope to have it all part of TACN and tied into the TVA TRS within a couple of years of that. The possibility of many changes is always present. I just hope that it does not go the way of certain other Counties, and Clarksville and go full E on all Public Safety. The first steps are about the same as we did on the IDPS family.. Convert an neighboring County EDACS over to Motorola ASTRO-25 and base it off our core with a couple of shared sites on both simulcasts... Then we converted another nearby County from EFJ LTR over to Motorola ASTRO-25 and again used our core to build out what is essentially a 3 County, 4 System regional TRS. All users have interop sharing, and there are Interop TGs that are for all the systems. But at this point, we are not joining the Statewide TRS, but are full time users of it for interop etc... And State has use of our system to a point. All the surrounding Counties have use of our system and are primarily on the State TRS and we have SAFE-T in almost all of our radios.

Last edited by a moderator:

INDY72

The areas around Metro will be using Metro's core. The core will connect to the Chattanooga core. A system of systems.

Which will connect to the Knoxville Core, which is connected to the Jackson Core... And if they have their wish, an Memphis Core.....

Status
Not open for further replies.