HP 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hub95

Any one from southern Minnesota that could help me with Home Patrol 2
Thanks

jayb2468

More central MN here, what kind of help do you need? what county and city are you in? What are you wanting to listen to? What are u hearing or not hearing? Jay

hub95

Hi Jay I got this scanner for my birthday 2 mo ago. I live in Martin County Fairmont zip is 56031. I get 5 counties in Iowa which I don't want and 6 in minn which I don't need I just need the local stuff along with the state patrol Martin County Highway Dept and DOT Ineed to delete iowa and the non local
Chuck

N0ZQR

Premium Subscriber
hub95 Do you have sentinel installed on your computer? If not do so because it will make editing your
programing much easier. Then we can help you to create a "favorites" list that will make listening for you much easier!
Ron

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Attached is a zip file, which is how we have to attach HPE files. Download and unzip it, the result should be Martin Co MN.hpe. Locate and remember where this HPE is stored on your computer.

Then start Sentinel and go to File>Import from HPE and click New Favorites List Box. Call it Martin County and click OK. Next find that HPE file you downloaded and unzipped. It should then create a Favorites List for you.

You still have a little work to do, because I'm not familiar with that part of the state - I'm lucky to be able to find myself around the south side of Minneapolis (my home town).

You will need to edit the Favorites List/ARMER System and set the Avoid to On for all the sites that are NOT within 30 miles of you (Ada MN for example). Yes, there will be a boatload of them (270 or so), but it is what it is. Do NOT delete them - Avoid them. If you do the delete, you could inadvertently delete one you need and getting it back will be a pain.

Visit the site at https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/ecn/programs/armer/Pages/current-status.aspx and look for ARMER Sites Map to get a link to a map for all the sites where you can see which are close to you.

I also set the ID Search to On. That casts a little wider net because you may discover some things of interest you didn't recognize as such. If you come across stuff you don't like, use the Avoid button when scanning to lock out the talkgroup. (Press twice rapidly to permanently lock it out).

It has the Martin county talkgroups, MNDOT that I think are in your area, the Interoperability talkgroups (neat stuff on them) and state patrol. The search function may bring in adjacent counties you could find interesting.

I've also included the Martin County conventional "stuff" because I suspect fire and EMS are still on the "old" frequencies (as in not migrated to ARMER). (Cops usually get the good stuff and us fire guys aren't always so lucky).

Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Alternatively, you could simply scan from the database and reduce the scanner Range setting to 5 miles or less. Scanning 5 counties in every direction is a classic symptom of Range being set way too high. Just make sure your location is set accurately, preferably by entering your GPS coordinates or connecting a GPS.

How it Works: Location, Location, Location

hub95

No manual just a quick one no printer to print one no idea how to zip or unzip a file on old ya know lol

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I wish I knew what everyone was talking about

You do need to do some work and learning on your own to get a grasp on the help being offered to you in the forum.

This link was given to you in another thread you started:

Easier to Read HomePatrol-1/HP-2 Digitall Scanner and Sentinel Manual

Did you read that info?

also, here is the Uniden Home Patrol 2 owner's manual:

http://www.uniden.info/download/ompdf/HOMEPATROL-2om.pdf

You don't have to print them out, you can read them on line.

Also, there are many, many videos available on youtube to help you.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=home+patrol+2

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
No manual just a quick one no printer to print one no idea how to zip or unzip a file on old ya know lol

You can find at least 2 manuals with a simple Google search. If you're posting here, you are capable of that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.