Antenna won’t connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisadafoe

I am still pretty new at this. I have a uniden 325p2 and I bought a new antenna for it that says bnc because I believe that’s what I’m supposed to get and it won’t connect. It doesn’t match up. The antenna I got is the diamond srh789

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If the Diamond model number starts with s, it has a SMA connector and will not fit your scanner without an adapter.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for being a little late in responding. The above is good information.

Another point - adding an adapter may negate any gain you get from a different antenna, assuming that's why you got one. There is a little attenuation each time you introduce a connection.

Ubbe

There is a little attenuation each time you introduce a connection.

Yes, but emphase is on little. 10 connectors in series put on an analyzer didn't show any measurable attenuation I.E less than 0,1dB. The problem are if a connector gets corroded from wheather or if it is of a bad mechanical design that could make a bad connect when stressed sideways.

When I buy cheap chinese adaptors in a 10-pack I usually have to discard 2-3 of them when I test them listningen to a constant weak carrier on a scanner and wiggle the connector and there is noticable change in the signal strenght.

/Ubbe

ecps92

Because the connections inside are not soldered.

Saw a T cut in half the other day and nothing soldered, they relied on connections sitting next to each other, another CCP [Cheap Chinese Product], wiggle and no connection.
Yes, but emphase is on little. 10 connectors in series put on an analyzer didn't show any measurable attenuation I.E less than 0,1dB. The problem are if a connector gets corroded from wheather or if it is of a bad mechanical design that could make a bad connect when stressed sideways.

When I buy cheap chinese adaptors in a 10-pack I usually have to discard 2-3 of them when I test them listningen to a constant weak carrier on a scanner and wiggle the connector and there is noticable change in the signal strenght.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.