Rankin County vhf fire dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Last I heard they were moving to data only dispatching on VHF. Also possibly new CAD system involved?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
With all the updating and tweaking of the Rankin County Emergency Services as they adjust to the new *to them* MSWIN system, and upgrades to pretty much all systems they use,... Things can change on an daily basis with them. From what I am told, by November they hope to have some, if not all, of the mini sites up and running, and then we will see if things finally start going the right way for em.

TheRadioGuru

Would be crazy to hear them taking away the voice paging, they just invested so much to have that back.... including the cost for all new pagers for every single firefighter.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Might be doing some more tweaking to the VHF. Last guy that is with the EOC I talked to said they wanted to go full data paging in next few years.

TheRadioGuru

Rankin

They were 100% data over alphanumeric pagers all of two years ago... After major issues with the system and them unable to keep it online they built out this new VHF voice paging system. Most of the pagers are still just over a year old, I would highly doubt they plan to throw all of those away after just buying quite a few hundred of them, but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.