• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Xts3000 01/82

Status
Not open for further replies.

G472

Hello i am a corrections officer, My Radio Displayed this while Programming. Need Help ASAP I have work tomorrow

Anyone Have a Code Plug for a Model 2 UHF

RBMTS

Did you read and save the original code plug? If yes did you try to load that back in? Whatever changes you made apparently corrupted the modified code plug. Getting someone else's won't be much help to you as the firmware features of the radios may be different.

G472

Yes I have it saved, I Tried loading it back in and it still displays the error code. I really need this fixed. I really hope u can help

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
I remember running into this a couple years back but on a XTS 5000. It took me clicking write to radio several times until it finally overwrote the old codeplug.

G472

Did you read and save the original code plug? If yes did you try to load that back in? Whatever changes you made apparently corrupted the modified code plug. Getting someone else's won't be much help to you as the firmware features of the radios may be different.

Thank your for your response... It just keeps displaying Fail 01/82

This is the flash code
51000D-000400-0

NEED CODEPLUG ASAP

MODEL 2 UHF
Flashcode 51000D-000400-0

Last edited by a moderator:

I_am_Alpha1

Sorry for the bad news, but you are totally buggered. As said, try reloading the codeplug again...but reboot the computer and make sure nothing else is running on it. After a few attempts it may inhibit your radio..as in kill. You may need depot to fix this...which may not be available. Big M may not be able to fix this since the radio is way past EOL. Retrying and depot are the only fixes I've been able to find.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Yes I have it saved, I Tried loading it back in and it still displays the error code. I really need this fixed. I really hope u can help

Read the codeplug from the radio, then without making ANY changes to it, immediately write it back to the radio. Do NOT just rewrite the RSS saved codeplug, that will NOT fix it. Read it, then rewrite it.

If that doesn't fix it, then there's nothing YOU can do that will.

The error is a checksum error in the codeplug. Reading the codeplug recalculates the checksum, and should fix it. If it doesn't, then it's likely a hardware failure.

G472

Xts 3000 Codeplug

Need Code plug for Xts 3000 Model 2
H09SDF9PW7BN
Flashcode - 51000D-000400-0 (H35)

ipfd320

Banned
POST 1 {Quote}
Hello i am a corrections officer, My Radio Displayed this while Programming. Need Help ASAP I have work tomorrow

Something Aint Rite Here--He Says He is a Corrections Officer--Why is He Screwing with a Possible PD Issued Radio with Programming???--Why and What is He Programming Into this Radio-----If This is His Own Radio Why is He Using it For Work???

He is Worried About Needing it For Work the Next Day???--Dont They Have Back-Up Radios????

It Came Up as an Error Code--Why Cant He Just Turn it into Motor Pool for a Replacement Unit

LIKE I Said Something Aint Right Here

SCPD

QRT
POST 1 {Quote}

Something Aint Rite Here--He Says He is a Corrections Officer--Why is He Screwing with a Possible PD Issued Radio with Programming???--Why and What is He Programming Into this Radio-----If This is His Own Radio Why is He Using it For Work???

He is Worried About Needing it For Work the Next Day???--Dont They Have Back-Up Radios????

It Came Up as an Error Code--Why Cant He Just Turn it into Motor Pool for a Replacement Unit

LIKE I Said Something Aint Right Here

Believe it or not a lot of rural middle of nowhere small departments have personnel that alter the scan lists or add channels as its a act of Congress to get it done.

While it may seem odd I could name well over 20 sheriffs offices where portables are done in house by deputies but in those cases it's known by the sheriff himself and the mobiles are us ally installed elsewhere when a new unit is bought and as time goes a deputy or others familiar with it change the conventional programming in them locally.

I've seen some jails or small sheriffs offices in small rural counties tell their employee change the scan list I don't care. Thlaw typically don't have a shop to go to or if they did the shop closed, nobody will approve a new contract.

I've also seen the I'll change it myself without approval end youre speaking of when those ones do have a system admin and or shop they go to.

Being a 3000 in a DC sounds to me it's one of the rural type entities where it's mix and match and some update themself with lists they get inside. Though I'm just guessing here.

Happens more than you think in rural places where there is no shop, admin or if there is its a pc IT with no knowledge of radio communications. They'll contract out repeater repair and console repair on a special basis if needed pay the bill and that's it. It's happening more than a lot think out there.

What this case is who knows. The answer was given though. Only thing you could do is keep trying to read it then write back to it. I've seen it go either way with these it working eventually or not at all.

Some small rural entities still have old Jedi series out there or ht1250 waris series in use, or older. Some will ask can in get a new radio and program it myself and are told ok in the small rural places in the USA.

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
Not to derail this thread at all; but his flashcode is suspicous for an XTS3000. 51000D-000400-0 seems to have conflicting system types. It implies he has options H35, H37 and H38. Because it has the Q173 option, I would assume it would only need H38. H35 is implied, when H37 or H38 is present.

Odd is all.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
He's been given the accepted fix for the problem he's reporting, but for whatever reason cannot or will not confirm that he has actually taken the exact proper steps. Perhaps he should just be left to his own devices...

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
He's been given the accepted fix for the problem he's reporting, but for whatever reason cannot or will not confirm that he has actually taken the exact proper steps. Perhaps he should just be left to his own devices...

In my experience this usually means either they aren't getting the answer they want or they aren't telling the whole story.

Status
Not open for further replies.