Can't do the quick import into Sentinel from Digital Frequency Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorwinScansNM

Is it just me or do others here have the constant annoying errors & troubles in Sentinel when trying to import frequencies & their important info for them from digitalfrequencysearch.com? I follow his tutorial for doing so & even watched his 2017 YouTube Video on exactly how to import from his website into Sentinel & yes, DMR just like he does in the video. It all goes smooth for him it looks & seems in his video tutorial with no errors happening or appearing when trying to paste then into Sentinel lucky him.

However, when I try to import DMR Trunked Frequencies from this Digital Frequency Search exactly how he says to do it & does it in his video, I receive nothing but problems & errors in Sentinel every time I try to do this!! I cannot for the life of me get the frequencies & their information copied from Digital Frequency Search pasted into Sentinel for nothing except in dysfunctional/improper order & with lots of Sentinel errors. All that I get is pure errors & improper pasting of copied frequencies & their needed information to make the BCD536HP Scanner track them correctly.

I have attached 2 captured image screenshots for you to see what I am talking about with the annoying errors and improper importing & pasting that is happening while trying to quick import from Digital Frequency Search into Sentinel v1.07.05.

Attachments

• Quick Import Step 1.jpg
    Quick Import Step 1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 387
  • Errors & Improper Paste in Sentinel.jpg
    Errors & Improper Paste in Sentinel.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 380

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
From your results, it looks like you've used the conventional frequency procedure on trunked frequency results.

CorwinScansNM

From your results, it looks like you've used the conventional frequency procedure on trunked frequency results.

Hi Paul,

Yes, that's because I was following exactly what he was doing & showing in the YouTube Tutorial Video. Any advice on how to do this correctly with the quick import from Digital Frequency Search? It is DMR Trunked Frequencies that I was trying to quick import doing it exactly how he was showing which seemed to work for him easily with no errors in his video tutorial. Thanks.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hi Paul,

Yes, that's because I was following exactly what he was doing & showing in the YouTube Tutorial Video. Any advice on how to do this correctly with the quick import from Digital Frequency Search? It is DMR Trunked Frequencies that I was trying to quick import doing it exactly how he was showing which seemed to work for him easily with no errors in his video tutorial. Thanks.
Corwin,

It looks like when you used the Digital Frequency Search to do an import, you pasted them into a 'new' conventional in Sentinel.

Instead, create a new DMR Trunked system in Sentinel.
Then add a Site for that 'system'.
Now, you can paste the column of frequencies into the site for your new system.
Add a Department for the System to hold talkgroups. I also add a 'starter' talkgroup, like TGID 1,
Go into the Options tab in Sentinel for your new system, then set it for ID Search.
Save your changes and shoot it to the scanner to see what pops up when scanning.

Digital Frequency Search is keyed to find licenses that have DMR or NXDN emission codes. That does not guarantee that the licensee is using them. I've found it useful for some local companies that were in the RR database as being LTR or conventional, but in fact had moved to a DMR system. Finding the DMR license frequencies for them & pasting into Sentinel, I could then monitor them for activity.

dallascowboys

Quick import into Sentinel

For all who needs this, these are the steps for the quick import.

1. Go to digitalfrequencysearch.com
2. Go to what you are looking for DMR, NXDN etc.
3 Put in your County, this is so you can see what your County has
4. Go to Quick Import
5. Put in your County again
6. Select Type DMR, NXDN etc.
7. Select Format ( Sentinel )
8. Click on Search
9. Click Copy to Clipboard
10. Click on Allow Access if your computer ask you
11. Click on Show/hide import procedure
12. Go to your Sentinel
13 Go to create New Favorites List and click on that
14. Put whatever you want to name it
15. Go down and find what you just did click on it to highlight it, than Right Click
16. Click on Program Favorites List
17. Now go to Appened System and make a system, System type make CONVENTIONAL , click ok
18. Go to the left and click on the system you just made
19. Now create Department
20. Now click on the department on the left that you just created, this will bring up Channel name etc.
21. Click on Append Channel
22. Go to Channel name and click on that, than click ctrl v this should bring up what you did in the Quick import .
23. Go up to File, click on Save
24. Back out of this, now when you go back to the main screen you should have what you wanted.
25. Next and final step is make sure you turn on your favorites list so it will work

Hope this helps

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
That is the procedure for conventional, but not for trunked. Rather than retype everything, just look at the instructions on the web site. It is pretty clear.

dallascowboys

That is the procedure for conventional, but not for trunked. Rather than retype everything, just look at the instructions on the web site. It is pretty clear.

Thanks UPMan for the clarification on this I forgot to mention that. So everyone is waiting on the Sentinel update, so Firmware Friday's and Sentinel Saturday's lol lol, just kidding thanks for what you and your team are doing to keep our scanners going, have a great day.

CorwinScansNM

Thanks everyone here who commented & wrote in reply to my issues/errors when trying to quick import from Digital Frequency Search into Sentinel. I will be going at doing & tring this a few more times after reading what others have said & suggested here to me & see if I can get it to work & straighten out for me without the constant import/paste errors showing from Sentinel. I appreciate all of the help, support & suggestions received so for.

CorwinScansNM

RCjim

Premium Subscriber
Thanks everyone here who commented & wrote in reply to my issues/errors when trying to quick import from Digital Frequency Search into Sentinel. I will be going at doing & tring this a few more times after reading what others have said & suggested here to me & see if I can get it to work & straighten out for me without the constant import/paste errors showing from Sentinel. I appreciate all of the help, support & suggestions received so for.

CorwinScansNM

Did you get things to work for you? If yes what was the answer to your problem? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.