Gloucester Co Sheriffs Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainInsano

Premium Subscriber
So I live in Gloucester Co and I am listening to the P25 trunked system that encompasses James City/ York/ Gloucester and I can never seem to pick up anything from the GCSO even though my scanner is programmed to scan them and I see sheriffs dispatch come across the screen from time to time. All I ever can hear is the fire/ ems dispatch, talk, and tac channels. Also I know it is not an issue of being too far away because I can easily and clearly hear Williamsburg and James City Co fire and ems. Does anyone know why this problem may be or if so need to program anything differently? I am using a bearcat BCD436HP to listen by the way.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Thanks for the fast reply. That makes sense. I am very new to this and did not realize that. So being that it is encrypted full time, is there a way I can make my device capable of decrypting?

That would sort of defeat the purpose of them being encrypted. :p

About the only way to accomplish this is to get a job as a deputy there.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
All of the LE on that system is encrypted unfortunately. However on the 911 channels for York, JCC and Williamsburg you may hear LE in the clear. Not sure what the channel is used for but I can confirm I’ve heard LE units in it. Not sure if Gloucester has one, yet to be found

Status
Not open for further replies.