Can you transfer ProVoice, DMR/MotoTRBO, and NXDN/IDAS upgrades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Can you transfer ProVoice, DMR/MotoTRBO, and NXDN/IDAS upgrade licenses?

If you pay for upgrades to your scanner such as: ProVoice, DMR/MotoTRBO, and NXDN/IDAS, and the scanner died and could not be repaired, can the upgrade licenses/registration be transferred to a new/replacement scanner? How about if you were selling a scanner that had the upgrades installed, and the new buyer didn't want/need them, could they be deactivated and transfer ed to another scanner, ie; from a BCD436HP to a BCD536HP, etc?

I realize they are tied to both a physical S/N as well as an electronic S/N, but from a technical perspective, it should be possible. Question is, would Uniden be willing to do it?

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If an upgraded unit comes in for repair and cannot be repaired, we apply the ugrades to the replacement unit.

You cannot remove the upgrades.

W4ELL

Feed Provider
If you pay for upgrades to your scanner such as: ProVoice, DMR/MotoTRBO, and NXDN/IDAS, and the scanner died and could not be repaired, can the upgrade licenses/registration be transferred to a new/replacement scanner?

Who decided that it couldn't be repaired?

If you contact Uniden support with your issue and send the scanner in for repair (even if it is done out of warranty and at your expense), if the logic board has to be replaced, they usually will update the new one with whatever upgrades you had in the old one.That being said, you would have to check with Uniden Support to be sure this would apply to you.

As far as transferring upgrades to another scanner model, I am pretty sure they won't do that.

If it were me, I'd talk to Uniden Support, if you haven't already, and see what your options are.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Who decided that it couldn't be repaired?

If you contact Uniden support with your issue and send the scanner in for repair (even if it is done out of warranty and at your expense), if the logic board has to be replaced, they usually will update the new one with whatever upgrades you had in the old one.That being said, you would have to check with Uniden Support to be sure this would apply to you.

As far as transferring upgrades to another scanner model, I am pretty sure they won't do that.

If it were me, I'd talk to Uniden Support, if you haven't already, and see what your options are.

Just a 'what if' question.

Status
Not open for further replies.