TRX-2: Receiving issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4anz

Can anyone help has anyone else had this problem purchase the TRX 2 about a month ago everything working fine up until the last week or so having issues with it not receiving for example on my way to work this morning it was picking up the weather frequencies and EMS but by the time I got to work 45 minutes later it wouldn't pick up the weather frequencies or anything for that matter I have a dual band ham radio and I have my local sheriff's department frequency and my EMS frequency programmed in it i could hear them on that radio just fine I have tried several different antennas even the antenna that's on my dual band radio and it still wouldn't pick up the weather during my lunch while sitting in the truck. Turn the scanner on and listen to it for an hour it picked up everything that I have programmed in it get off work on my way home and never heard a thing out of it never picked up a frequency but the Dual Band ham radio was picking two of those frequencies up no problem I have the squelch set at 8 I also use the same antennas on a Uniden BCD 536 HP I haven't had that problem has anyone had his issue have been messing with police scanner for a long time and this is really got me baffled

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Try....a power reset, if that doesn't solve it, Reinstall the latest firmware, format the scard and reinstall your programming.

scan02038

Premium Subscriber
I am having the same issue with the Mass State Police trunked system on my TRX-1. They sporadically "disappear", sometimes a simple power down and up solves it while other times they return on their own. Very confusing.

imago01

Hello , La même chose avec mon trx1 je perds certaines fréquences quand je change d'antenne sans éteindre l'appareil ,je suis donc obligé de reformater la carte pour qu'il fonctionne de nouveau

Jphila20

Retired LE. Honor our Fallen.
Premium Subscriber
I posted this a few days ago. Seems the last firmware and TRX-2 don't care for each other.

After the last firmware upgrade I noticed that when I turn the squelch to "min" the scanner no longer stops on any conventional frequencies. If I manually go to a conventional frequencies the squelch works. Meaning that I get the normal hash noise until I turn the squelch up to 7 or 8. Also note that this is on conventional frequencies without squelch codes and set to search.

I have also noticed a lower amount or lack of traffic on those conventional frequencies.

Has anyother TRX-2 owner noticed the same?

DeDawg

I have also noticed a lower amount or lack of traffic on those conventional frequencies.

Has anyother TRX-2 owner noticed the same?

Dunno if it is the latest firmware that I installed, but in finding out how to load some DMR systems, the TRX-2 seems deaf even using an outside antenna. Same time my BCD325P2 picks them up indoors with rubber duck.

SCPD

QRT
I keep telling them the firmware is messed up but not enough people are contacting Whistler and telling them........
Same issue with the TRX1 reverting to older firmware makes it "talk more".

Ubbe

Set the earphone output to IF out and connect to computer line in or use earphones and listen to what the scanner hears. If you hear that there are not only noise but some audio from someone talking or a significant decrease in noise level, then the scanner somehow doesn't stop on those channels. Maybe the squelch are reacting too slow now during scan with the newest firmware? I'm running the old firmware so cannot check myself.

/Ubbe

DeDawg

Same issue with the TRX1 reverting to older firmware makes it "talk more".
Where are you getting the older firmware and how do you install it?

EZscan just goes for the latest AFAIK.

Assuming it is available still, which FW version works well?

Status
Not open for further replies.