Uniden SDS100 FCC Approval Time-line

Status
Not open for further replies.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
We know that the manufactures can ask the FCC to withhold certain technical details about their radios as they go through the FCC evaluations. But can Manufactures also ask the FCC to delay announcing their approval of the radio?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Then manual is written in anticipation of successful completion of such testing (if it didn't pass, we wouldn't be able to market it). That said, the test lab advised us yesterday that all tests passed and documentation is being sent to the FCC. So, the FCC Grant is expected within a week or so.

pwscott

Premium Subscriber
Paul- Good news! What can we take, if anything, from that approval in terms of a timeline to see the radios for sale in the US?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Only that it passed testing. There are many other elements to production, some of which are completed and some of which are not.

SMBaugh2

Only that it passed testing. There are many other elements to production, some of which are completed and some of which are not.
With this being said I also hope that it means that the final production model will have a significant improvement from all the models being shown on you tube. Maybe a surprise to everyone.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
With this being said I also hope that it means that the final production model will have a significant improvement from all the models being shown on you tube. Maybe a surprise to everyone.

Improvement in what regards?

W5RGP

Only thing I see that hopefully is changed is the case it just looks too small at the bottom seems it would fall over easily
Or atleast offer a drop in charger/base

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMBaugh2

Improvement in what regards?
I was just going on that you had stated that the production models may be different. For one maybe 4AA batteries instead of a battery pack.
For me I would have like to see if another system might be added or could be added . I did not like the battery pack on the BC-2500.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
With the final design, charge while on (as long as internal temperature < 38C) is possible. Also, overall RF performance is improved. No change in physical design, but the front cabinet is now fully tooled (texture added).

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
With the final design, charge while on (as long as internal temperature < 38C) is possible. Also, overall RF performance is improved. No change in physical design, but the front cabinet is now fully tooled (texture added).

Bring it on, Paul! Bring it on . . .

The SDS100 looks pretty darn nice to me as is, and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one ASAP.

I'm also guessing that many of the firmware upgrades we've recently received for the x36 radios will find their way into the SDS100.

Thanks . . . and I'm stiil amazed that you've been able to pull this off while dealing with some serious health issues.

Best wishes,
-Johnnie

mancow

Database Admin
I wish we could get that same plastic case material Moto uses. I don't know if it's ABS or what but it doesn't wear as slick as fast.

I'm also hoping for the battery pack. I'm tired of dealing with AAs.

mule1075

Feed Provider
I'm also hoping for the battery pack. I'm tired of dealing with AAs.

I agree but if no external charger is available from the start those who buy are kinda screwed. I am still on the fence on whether or not I am going to get one as I said when it was announced.

Cheeseburgers

Okay Paul lets get real:

1. Will it make waffles
2. How many will it make
3. Belgian or Traditional
4. When will it release please take my money now.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
1/2/3: We have not announced waffle capability at this time. This statement should not be taken to imply that it will someday make waffles or that it will never make waffles.

4: Sending my private Swiss bank account number to you by PM.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Paul is the greatest!!...I hope this new endeavor has taken his mind off the bad stuff....He is a great guy.....

radio3353

With Whistler's announcement of a competitor to the SDS100, this horse race should get interesting. Can't wait to see early pics of Whistler's product (they also announced a base version by the way in addition to the portable version.)

W4ELL

Feed Provider
Can't wait to see early pics of Whistler's product (they also announced a base version by the way in addition to the portable version.)

Call me superficial, but I hope Whistler does something to make their scanners look better. My major complaint with them is their poor aesthetics, which is actually the fault of GRE, I know.

Pure conjecture on my part but I think Uniden will have a base/mobile version (or versions) out by the time the new Whistlers arrive... maybe even before.

Status
Not open for further replies.