Voyageur Transportation (London, ON)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotpocket

Premium Subscriber
So I know its kinda odd to listen to school buses, but they are a good source of information regarding accidents and detours (same reason I listen to LTC, and all the different couriers around here).

While listening to "Voyageur Transportation (School Buses)", I sometimes hear reference to the dispatcher asking a driver to "switch to channel 3". Obviously I can't find it in the database (otherwise I wouldn't be posting this), so I was wondering if anyone knows what frequency that is, or can give me some pointers to find it myself using my SDR. I think its mainly used if theres an accident involving a Voyageur bus, or some other types of COMMS where they don't want to tie up the main channel.

hotpocket

Premium Subscriber
Have you checked the DMR channel?

From what I can tell on the two DMR slots, those are for the Para Transit. I would assume because the main channel is an analog FM channel, that the Channel 3 would be analog FM as well. I may be confused, but can a DMR radio also transmit in analog FM?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Sure can!
From what I can tell on the two DMR slots, those are for the Para Transit. I would assume because the main channel is an analog FM channel, that the Channel 3 would be analog FM as well. I may be confused, but can a DMR radio also transmit in analog FM?

Muxlow

Super Secret
All them school vans have XPR4550's in them so they can do the analog channels and the TRBO channels. Same deal with the para transit buses. And side not.. "Voyageur" has changed their name to "VoyaGo"

hotpocket

Premium Subscriber
All them school vans have XPR4550's in them so they can do the analog channels and the TRBO channels. Same deal with the para transit buses. And side not.. "Voyageur" has changed their name to "VoyaGo"

Very cool to know about the actual radio types. as far as the VoyaGo thing, I already knew about that. I keep referring to it as just Voyageur because its easier for me. Same as Budweiser Gardens. I still call it the JLC

Status
Not open for further replies.