Anne Arundel on PulsePoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
I must say the PulsePoint WebApp is pretty cool. Haven't tried it yet on my phone.

I have noticed how quick the app updates. Often calls appears in the app before dispatched. I also like how it has the different colors on the fire apparatus to show their statuses. Also neat how it is automatically mapped.

ResQguy

Meh
Premium Subscriber
In case you aren't already aware, many other jurisdictions nearby are already using PulsePoint as well. DC, PG & Howard to name a few.

baybum

Howard County updates are frequently delayed. Nowhere near as current as a couple others I follow on the APP.

sc800

I must say the PulsePoint WebApp is pretty cool. Haven't tried it yet on my phone.

I have noticed how quick the app updates. Often calls appears in the app before dispatched. I also like how it has the different colors on the fire apparatus to show their statuses. Also neat how it is automatically mapped.

The reasoning for that if you don't already know is because PulsePoint is hooked up to the CAD system directly. As soon as a call taker accepts the call it should show up, even if units haven't been assigned yet. That is because of the real goal of PulsePoint

baybum

If Howard is so slow to appear on PP, is that because they pick and choose what PP gets? I've heard working fires that were never even posted on PP.

FireEM09

Feed Provider
They posted a status message update on the mobile app:

00:21 05-27-2018: Anne Arundel County's PulsePoint feed is currently down due to an issue in the dispatch center. We hope to have service restored as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
They posted a status message update on the mobile app:

00:21 05-27-2018: Anne Arundel County's PulsePoint feed is currently down due to an issue in the dispatch center. We hope to have service restored as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks!

blee1099

If Howard is so slow to appear on PP, is that because they pick and choose what PP gets? I've heard working fires that were never even posted on PP.

I have to agree.. Some calls like box alarms aren't shown.

FireEM09

Feed Provider
I guess they are experiencing additional issues with the data feed, new update was posted a few minutes ago:

19:36hrs 05-29-2018: The PulsePoint feed for Anne Arundel County will continue to be down while they address an issue in their dispatch data center. Unfortunately, an ETA for restoration is not known at this time. Thank you for your patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.