Question Clay County

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawsrock

I live in Mandarin and use a Pro-668 that has been clone to listen. Have the Clay County P-25 system installed but, I don't hear anything. I have even deleted the system and reinstalled it. My first thought is that it is the scanner but thought I would ask.
Thanks
Ron

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I live in Mandarin and use a Pro-668 that has been clone to listen. Have the Clay County P-25 system installed but, I don't hear anything. I have even deleted the system and reinstalled it. My first thought is that it is the scanner but thought I would ask.
Thanks
Ron

That system should be up to date. I was there a few weeks ago. I was near KH area was picking it up clear as a whistle.

pawsrock

Site Map

I believe I have found the issue. The range of signal does not reach me. It stops halfway over the buckman bridge coming from Orange Park. The signal then dips into South Mandarin. I would assumn that an outdoor antenna could pick it up.

khvfdff

I believe I have found the issue. The range of signal does not reach me. It stops halfway over the buckman bridge coming from Orange Park. The signal then dips into South Mandarin. I would assumn that an outdoor antenna could pick it up.

Yes an outdoor antenna would be the best option to pick Clay County up as it only has 25 mile range.

james32746

Premium Subscriber
When I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express @ St. Augustine Rd. and 295 last Friday, there was no signal in the room I stayed in on the 3rd floor, you will definitely need an outdoor antenna, probably a yagi pointed towards Clay County.

Mork

Premium Subscriber
What is the oldest scanner that can handle this new system ?

Will an old BC296D w/ P25 card handle it? Do it require an off-set table? It's been so long since I used it, I forget. It's for my mom in Fleming Island.

wardaddy

I can hear the system fine from downtown Jax with my SU (portable) with a stubby whip.

Status
Not open for further replies.