Public Safety Trunking System Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottjh1

Sometime back Delaware was going to upgrade the public safety trunking radio system. Has the upgrade been completed? While I noticed the system is now described as type ll smartzone with project 25 exclusive, does this mean the state will also be moving to phase 1? If so how long until they do? In the current system state I can only assume a Unication G4 will not work is that correct? So in seeking radio which correctly works with limited LSM distortion the upcoming SDS100 is likely the next best scanner option? I have currently a 996t and 996p2 both miss transmissions from time to time. Thanks in advance for your help! Jim

troymail

Silent Key
In the current system state I can only assume a Unication G4 will not work is that correct?
Correct.

Having said that, given a recently trip to Delaware, if the state is switching to 700 next year, I surely hope they improve coverage. As I traveled along the coast, the signal strength ranged from full bars to nearly nothing tracking the strongest site. In Rehoboth Beach, I couldn't get a signal at all on the G5. In contrast, I was receiving Maryland FiRST and Worcester County from that same location with ease.
So in seeking radio which correctly works with limited LSM distortion the upcoming SDS100 is likely the next best scanner option?
You won't know until (a) you can get one in your hands, (b) you try it for yourself (verses believing "hype") and (c) the system becomes fully operational.

I could be wrong but I don't think the State 700 system is a simulcast system (yet?). One of the clues is the number of distinct sites.

robertson40

Member / Delaware Breaking News DE110
Premium Subscriber
1 more ? Unication G5 doesn't work on the current system for the State of Delaware correct ?

scottjh1

Thank you for the update information. Will the new phase 1 system be completely new using current site locations? Are the plans for the state radio system posted anywhere? Thanks, Jim

de784

Feed Provider
700 mhz

As far as coverage goes I had the same issue. I just used cc channels and seem to work. As far as Build out from what I understand its going to be phase two and a State Build out.

chrishoerner

KC3KSJ
Premium Subscriber
As far as coverage goes I had the same issue. I just used cc channels and seem to work. As far as Build out from what I understand its going to be phase two and a State Build out.

I had spoke with someone at the state radio shop about a year ago or so, I asked if they were going to a phase 2 system. He said at that time they had no plans to go to phase 2 due to increased coverage issues and the need for more towers. He did mention that busy signals were a problem though. You're saying this is going to be combined with the delwin system?

Status
Not open for further replies.