• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Ailunce Zones Help and TX inhibit

Status
Not open for further replies.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
Ailunce HD-1 Zones Help and TX inhibit

The Ailuence HD-1 arrived today and there are some programming quirks, but I cannot set up zones.

I have set up a test zone, Zone 1, but the instructions state Press Menu, scroll with arrows to "zone" , then press menu to select.

Problem is when I press menu and scroll there is no "zone" option to select.

How the heck do I set up the zones?

Also, is there TX inhibit? The software won't let me scroll down to see the bottom of "more info" in the channels page. I have tried two different laptops. It is bigger than my screen and thus cannot be seen.

Last edited:

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
For the HD1, new zones can be set up in the CPS. Right click on ZONE INFORMATION in the left panel, then ADD. Once the Zone is added, you can give it a name and populate it with your selected channels.

Transmit inhibit for digital channels can be found in CHANNELS / MORE.../ Digital Data / TX Authority / Prohibit TX;

There is also a "round-about" way to inhibit TX for analog channels... From the radio menu: BAND x SET / BUSY LOCK / FORBID

Hope this helps.

- John AC4JK

sefrischling

I have zones set up in the CPS, but following the instructions on the radio itself there is no option I can find to select the zone. But the zones are certainly set up.

The issue with the CPS and TX inhibit , so I learned is that if the "More Info" box is larger than your screen, you cannot scroll down to click OK and make the changes. I need to go find a larger screen. I keep a single Win 7 machine for the Astro 25 CPS and it is a 10.1" screen. That is a software UX issue.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
To select a zone from the radio menu... MENU / BAND x SET / ZONE, then turn dial or use arrow keys to select a zone, then CONFIRM / BACK.

I'm not sure what you're seeing in the CPS. The TX inhibit selection is in the digital area of the channel "more" screen (near the middle left). And I don't think that there are any OK boxes in any of the various sections of the CPS. The controls at the bottom of most screens are only navigation type boxes. When you make or change a selection, just close the box and remember to save the entire codeplug before you close the program or send it to the radio.

- John

sefrischling

I tried just closing the box and then nothing sticks. I had read there are quirks with Win7 over Win 10 ... this may be one of them.

I'll go try and zone selection

Status
Not open for further replies.