SDS100 in Columbus, OH NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonhouk

If anyone would like a hands on experience join me at Stauf's Coffee Roasters on 1277 Grandview Ave, Columbus, OH 43212. I'll more than likely be here testing until they close @ 10PM.

Houk
addae40e880e218ad0ec8a447baa330a.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

jasonhouk

Charge while on, redesigned battery & battery connection, internal board for some tester's having noise issues.

Houk
Jason do you know what the difference is between Beta 1 and Beta 2 if you can tell if not does Beta 2 work better than Beta 1?

ecarvalho

Just taking a minute here to thank you Jason for all your efforts testing and sharing with us all.

73s de KM4VVY

jasonhouk

Thank you all for your kind responses.

Update for testing today and hands-on to whomever in the area that'd like to join:
REM COMM's NXDN to test updated FW and a super secret way to open/close squelch for digital flavors (not really secret but I'll explain my understanding of the function if you're able to join).

I should arrive around 4ish, site undetermined as I'm looking for a quiet place that doesn't mind radios being turned up. Suggestions please as long as well have a strong signal for above system?

Bring any flavor of radio you like to compare as well as .hpe files you'd like to monitor in determined area.

Sadly my Beta1 unit was packed and picked-up enroute back to TX yesterday so I'll only have Beta2, 436 and SDR dongles.

Houk

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
If anyone would like a hands on experience join me at Stauf's Coffee Roasters on 1277 Grandview Ave, Columbus, OH 43212. I'll more than likely be here testing until they close @ 10PM.

Wish I had seen this before I left the office downtown that day; I could have bopped right over on my way home. . .

Oh, well. At least I got to play with a couple of them at Hamvention.

jasonhouk

Will do, to my knowledge so far out of our test group that particular NXDN system is the only one that has created a bug report. All other NXDN flavors seem stellar.

Houk
If you can let us know how the NXDN test today as I have a few 1 channel NXDN repeaters close by and travel to a 23 site multi channel system often.

jasonhouk

Wish I had seen this before I left the office downtown that day; I could have bopped right over on my way home. . .

Oh, well. At least I got to play with a couple of them at Hamvention.
Beta2 today your area from 4ish until whenever. Looking for suggestions on places to test/demo?

Houk

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
That would be due to that I do not believe that all the sites have all the channels found but that takes days working each site with atleast 3 if not 4 scanners looking in small areas for unlisted channels.

jasonhouk

My issue was with decoded audio. 436 was perfect SDS showed signs of skipping audio. UJE possibly found the issue from the logfile I submitted and updated FW to test the very next morning but I was unable to travel yesterday. I have recordings from the SDS if you join we'll take a listen in FW difference.

Houk
That would be due to that I do not believe that all the sites have all the channels found but that takes days working each site with atleast 3 if not 4 scanners looking in small areas for unlisted channels.

jasonhouk

I realized that after I sent then looked at your location. Albeit, cellular network dependent, I'll go live where we test on my YouTube Channel for all to see!
I am impressed you drove to the Clarksville Tn area for testing TY. I would love to come play with it early but it would be a 16 hours round trip just in driving.

jasonhouk

I'm here with the SDS100 Beta2 if anyone near would like to join.

Crimson Cup Coffee Shop – Clintonville, Ohio
4541 North High Street Columbus, Ohio 43214

Houk

Status
Not open for further replies.