Identify Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkfish457

I've been scanning the LWIN (St. Tammany Simulcast) frequencies for several days. Now I have a scanned list showing only the DEC ID number with no other information. How can I match the DEC ID number with the service? Right now the list is over 30 id's long.

As soon as I can assign the DEC to the service I can update the LWIN frequencies.

pinkfish457

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
There is but one real way to ID the TGs in use: LISTEN to them and identify who is using them and what for. At least on the ones that are NOT ENCRYPTED! Unless your lucky enough to have access to an cut sheet, or code plug of the radios on the system. I would be VERY SURPRISED to hear you found at least 30 UNENCRYPTED St Tammany Parish TGs. Pleased, yes, but surprised! Updating the freqs. has nothing to do with the TGs in use. The freqs will rarely change too much. Other than maybe additional ones added to a site, or the control CH rotating to another freq for some reason that is.

pinkfish457

There is but one real way to ID the TGs in use: LISTEN to them and identify who is using them and what for. At least on the ones that are NOT ENCRYPTED! Unless your lucky enough to have access to an cut sheet, or code plug of the radios on the system. I would be VERY SURPRISED to hear you found at least 30 UNENCRYPTED St Tammany Parish TGs. Pleased, yes, but surprised! Updating the freqs. has nothing to do with the TGs in use. The freqs will rarely change too much. Other than maybe additional ones added to a site, or the control CH rotating to another freq for some reason that is.

I am not very far from New Orleans. This site is simulcast, so I receive New Orleans and other towns in south Louisiana. The ID's appear to be from several systems and locations.

On another note, I finally got OP25 running in Ubuntu. I've been running this same site checking for any P25p2 activity. So far I haven't noticed any changes.

pinkfish457

Technoguy58

St Tammany is a bedroom community for N.O. metro. There are plenty of take home cars that park here everyday and night with the radio on so they are affiliated with the system thus ALOT of T.G's show up from all over the metro area. I regularly watch for new T.G. activity as well and have not seen any phase 2 activity yet but I'm sure it will be coming sooner or later. With the State in a budget squeeze, the state agencies may be using their XTS5k's for awhile but there is nothing stopping local departments from making the switch. Most (if not all) local agencies are already using the APX radios. Since you live in Slidell, have you been able to find out where all the city services that used to be on the old Type 2 system have gone??

pinkfish457

No, I have not been able to find the city services. I started Unitrunker today using the old city services CC, and all I got was Water and animal control. No voice only "Joins" which I have no idea what that means.

As mentioned, I have Ubuntu running OP25, which should show any P25p2 activity for NOLA or Slidell. It appears the budget squeeze is preventing any moves to P2.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I don't know which scanner you have, but this is exactly what Trunked Discovery on a Uniden model is made for. It will ignore "known" (already in the db) TGIDs and record the audio for new finds.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
No, I have not been able to find the city services. I started Unitrunker today using the old city services CC, and all I got was Water and animal control. No voice only "Joins" which I have no idea what that means.

As mentioned, I have Ubuntu running OP25, which should show any P25p2 activity for NOLA or Slidell. It appears the budget squeeze is preventing any moves to P2.

UniTrunker or Pro96Com will show any TDMA changes on the CC data if and when it starts. You may not see TDMA Voice for little while, as they are just getting ready to start software changes in the not too distant future.

Joins is when a radio affiliates, and literally joins the TG, which is just the radio being acknowledged as an user on the system and on that TG.

Status
Not open for further replies.