Visiting East Orlando Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

k4gps

Just arrived to East Orlando Near UCF from South Carolina. Going to be here a few days while my kid is in Orientation. When I settle in the room I pulled out my BCD536HP and entered a zip of 32826 and hear very little. Set my range to 0 and I am picking up a lot of Seminole County but VERY little of Orange County, Orlando or anything else showing on this system. I do stop on Some SO ID’s but no audio. I updated Sentenel last week and updated my SD card. I have no encryption at home except for narcotics so I am wondering is this system encrypted? I guess my scanner would stop but not pass audio as it appears it is here.

k4gps

BTW I did hear ONE automated fire dispatch... no traffic afterwards and I just did see Winter Park Police ID come in for a bit and no audio. fire 7 North Primary Orange County did just have a little talk.

wtp

looks like

and what i have heard is that almost all law stuff is encrypted.
you might want to expand your mileage to get the surrounding counties.

MSS-Dave

Everything LE in Orange County SO/ Orlando City and UCF police is encrypted. There is still some open communications like public works and utilities that are on that system.

Well, editing the post I totally left out Orange County Fire Rescue.. That is still un- encrypted, provides for some good listening on occasion. Fire 7 is Northwest Orange County area.

Just arrived to East Orlando Near UCF from South Carolina. Going to be here a few days while my kid is in Orientation. When I settle in the room I pulled out my BCD536HP and entered a zip of 32826 and hear very little. Set my range to 0 and I am picking up a lot of Seminole County but VERY little of Orange County, Orlando or anything else showing on this system. I do stop on Some SO ID’s but no audio. I updated Sentenel last week and updated my SD card. I have no encryption at home except for narcotics so I am wondering is this system encrypted? I guess my scanner would stop but not pass audio as it appears it is here.

k4gps

Thanks guys... that’s what I was afraid of. Like I said Seminole comes in great, not sure if Brevard or KSC would come in on a whip in the hotel here. Traveled light so no PC to program just the zip code and my iPad. I’ll open up the range a bit or punch in a Titusville zip code and see. When I lived in FL back around 2005 I know they were EDAC, lived in Jupiter so never listened but I did work on their cars occasionally.

AlphaFive

Orlando

You are also not far from Orlando International over there.. If you enjoy that, they have a multitude of operations going over there besides the Aircraft bands. I haven't lived down there in years, so my frequency list is long gone. Just a thought. Take care.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi k4gps,

UCF operations is on a DMR Motorola Capacity Plus system if you have that option. They used to be on LTR but I think they migrated over by now.

k4gps

Operations probably is from the looks of the radios there today but I would only be interested in the PD. I don’t have any upgrades in my scanner so no DMR, domt have much DMR at home other than ham and some businesses. I just entered a Titusville zip with a 30mi range and nothing on the signal strength when Brevard is displayed, I am only running a BNC whip in the hotel room.

srich10

Premium Subscriber
Operations probably is from the looks of the radios there today but I would only be interested in the PD. I don’t have any upgrades in my scanner so no DMR, domt have much DMR at home other than ham and some businesses. I just entered a Titusville zip with a 30mi range and nothing on the signal strength when Brevard is displayed, I am only running a BNC whip in the hotel room.

Don’t expect to pickup Brevard County TRS anywhere west of the 528 Orange/Brevard County line on a HT Whip. Signal will drop very quickly and unless you’re running a directional Yagi towards Sharpes or Titusville, you won’t hit a tower.

RF-Burns

Seminole County is very strong, you can pick up all the way down to Polk County to the south, to Daytona and Melbourne Beach. Its a great system to pick up over a wide area.

Status
Not open for further replies.