• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MCS 2000 Hard to describe problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackice000

Hey all,
We have two patrol cars with MCS2000 radios in them. I have no issues programming them with my old laptop and Motorola RIB, but there is a weird problem on some frequencies.

For lack of the correct words to articulate the issue I will try and describe the symptoms.

On a few frequencies (but not all) when receiving, the volume (amplitude?) goes up and down (or in and out) in a measured way.

These frequencies have different transmit and receive frequencies and different encode/decode CTCSS enabled. They are supposed to be Narrowband.

I KNOW I am doing something wrong in the programming, but for the life of me I cannot figure it out.

Please help?

Thank you!

Rick

Rick,

This is a little difficult to do without having the program software in front of me, but the radio can do narrowband (11K2) but may also still do "wideband" (20K0). Check the personalities you've created for each channel. They should be 12.5 for each. Also, check to see if there's any compandoring enabled. You should not have anything use "Hear Clear" if that's a menu option.

Hope that gives you a lead in making things more workable.

Tech792

A measured interruption almost sounds like the priority sampling circuit but it would affect all channels except the priority channel.

Blackice000

OK FYI I am using CPS 02.03 on an old Windows XP laptop.

I did check for 12.5 channel spacing. All good.

I don't see anywhere to check for Priority Sampling.

Any additional info would be great.

I believe (but am not 100% sure) that the Primary channel doesn't change in volume when receiving.

A plectron style tone comes across as HI-Lo or the lo is not heard at all. Very annoying!

Thanks again,

Rick

Blackice000

A little bit of additional info.

The RX Options shows "Add UnMute, Or Mute" for Unmute/Mute Type Is that correct?

Rick

crazyboy

OK FYI I am using CPS 02.03 on an old Windows XP laptop.

I did check for 12.5 channel spacing. All good.

I don't see anywhere to check for Priority Sampling.

Any additional info would be great.

I believe (but am not 100% sure) that the Primary channel doesn't change in volume when receiving.

A plectron style tone comes across as HI-Lo or the lo is not heard at all. Very annoying!

Thanks again,

Rick

Priority Sampling, sounds like you’re missing a set time. You would not have this happen if the radio was on the priority channel.

crazyboy

cmdrwill.

YES! The channels work perfectly when it is NOT scanning.

So, how do I fix it [emoji4]

Rick

It’s in the scan settings just like the post above you said. You need to figure out how you want scan to work.

Blackice000

The functionality I have now is great. Just scans through all conventional frequencies and stops when it "hears" something for a few seconds (or longer if transmission continues" then back to Scan. 1 Channel is marked priority. (Channel1)

Not sure what to play with to fix the high/low volume while scanning (except on priority).

Rich

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
The thread is leaning towards the audio hole that is prevalent during priority scan. Just go to your scan list and disable priority 1 and priority 2 and see if that takes care of it.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.