Huron National Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilondav

Premium Subscriber
I'm wondering if anyone has any information about what radio system USFS is using in the Huron National Forest. VHF P25? MPSCS? Any freqs or TGIDs?

I'm mainly interested in forest fire response monitoring.

Thanks,
Dave

pilondav

Premium Subscriber
Hi Dave, it been 20 years since i worked the huron mantise .back then the freq was 169.925..hope you find what you need..

Thanks Jerry! I’ll give it a try. I assume that was analog, not P25?

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

a29zuk

There is a DNR fire management talkgroup for the Northern Lower Peninsula on the MPSCS. It is 4051. Whether it covers the Huron Nat'l Forest, I don't know.

Jim

pilondav

Premium Subscriber
There is a DNR fire management talkgroup for the Northern Lower Peninsula on the MPSCS. It is 4051. Whether it covers the Huron Nat'l Forest, I don't know.

Jim

Thanks. I’ll add that to my TGID list.

Electromatic

169.925 is still the current frequency the USFS uses for Manistee-Huron National Forest and Fire comms have been copied within the last 2 weeks.

pilondav

Premium Subscriber
169.925 is still the current frequency the USFS uses for Manistee-Huron National Forest and Fire comms have been copied within the last 2 weeks.

Thanks for confirming that freq. Was that on analog or P25?

Electromatic

Analog, I think the MPSCS System still struggles in dense foliage areas like the National Forest and will probably remain Analog/Conventional for a long time.

pilondav

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for confirming.

This is more for anyone else that might come across this post and get confused...not trying to harangue anyone. I asked about analog vs P25 because some federal agencies are using simplex conventional P25 on VHF. MPSCS is a trunked P25 system operating in the 700 and 800 MHz bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.