California/San Diego trip, what repeaters should I program in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going out to CA/San Diego in August. What repeaters should I plug in? I will be in both LA and San diego. What are the most used/active repeaters around there? What System Fusion repeaters should I use too as I am YSF capable.
Best 73's de KC1IEG.

k6cpo

The San Diego Amateur Radio Council (SANDARC) has the most comprehensive list of repeaters available for San Diego County. The list is by clubs that are members of the council and provides links to each club's website. The clubs' repeaters are listed on each website. Fusion repeaters will be indicated on the club listing.

Club Listing

The two largest lists of repeaters are the Palomar Amateur Radio Club and the San Diego Repeater Association (SANDRA).

http://www.palomararc.org

San Diego Repeater Association | Ham Radio

There is also a 440 repeater with coverage up into Orange County at 449.440 (-) PL 107.2.

There is an open repeater on Catalina Island with coverage of most of Southern California. I don't have it's information right at hand, but it should be easy enough to look up.

My club, the South Bay Amateur Radio Society has two Fusion Repeaters, one 2 meter and one 440, on the air in the Chula Vista area. We conduct a series of nets every Tuesday evening beginning with our 440 net. You are more than welcome to check into the nets when we call for guest check-ins. All the information is on our website.

SOBARS – South Bay Amateur Radio Society

uli2000

Premium Subscriber
The PAPA System covers almost all of Southern California and runs analog, DMR, and D-start networks, but doesn't look like they do fusion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.