• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS2500I Programming Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Evening,

I am trying to program my XTS2500I under Conventional Personality. I have put two different channels in, and when I Write to Radio - Channel 1 is there, but then when I change to Channel 2, it says "Unprogrammed"... I am not quite sure what I am doing wrong. Everything is set under Personality 1.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you-

Will001

Premium Subscriber
You need to then go to your zone in the CPS, add a channel, then pick the conventional personality. If you are using Astro 25 CPS, you also have to put in the frequency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Yes- Zone 1 - Channel's 1 and 2 are filled, with Personality Types set to 1.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
The only channel that is working is Channel 1... When I program any other ones, they show as "Unprogrammed" on the radio, but programmed in the CPS.

SCPD

QRT
He resolved issue before I was able to get a plug copy. I am interested too in the issue and resolution.

N4KVE

I hate when people do that. They ask for help here, but figure out the solution, & say problem solved. Well tell us how you solved the problem for the benefit of others who may be having the same problem.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Please inform everyone what you did so the next guy will know what to do.

He resolved issue before I was able to get a plug copy. I am interested too in the issue and resolution.

I hate when people do that. They ask for help here, but figure out the solution, & say problem solved. Well tell us how you solved the problem for the benefit of others who may be having the same problem.

It actually wasn't resolved... I thought it was. LosRio - May I send you the code plug again?

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
I would venture to guess, your channel knob is programmed for something other than changing channels. Maybe changing zones?

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Yes- that was indeed the issue. The Channel Knob was set for Zone instead of Channels. Thanks everyone for your assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.