Kaskaski River Port District Railroad Operations - Sparta, Illinois Area ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Looking for frequency/frequencies utilized by Kaskaskia River Port District for their railroad operations around the Baldwin/Sparta/Percy area of southern Illinois.

They operate a transload facility on the Kaskaskia River, and transport scrubber stone for the Prairie State Energy Plant. I believe they also operate around the Percy area at the site of the former Arch Coal Captain Mine, and also serve the Baldwin power plant (?).

I’m guessing there is some use of Union Pacific and Canadian National Illinois Central frequencies, as they are the interchanging railroads.

Just didn’t know if KRPD has their own frequency for operations.

Thanks in advance,
KD4YGG

mws72

Premium Subscriber
According to websites CN & CP supplies RR switching. Nothing in FCC Database for Kaskaski River Port District. But a Wikipedia page shows KKRX as reporting marks for a private RR known as Kaskaski River Port District Railroad. They might have a locomotive for switching but would use the RR road channel that they are on. RailPictures.net has four pictures of KKRX locomotives one with three from 1995 and the other three are the same locomotive the lead in the first picture in a different color scheme in 2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.