Sussex County VHF-high band firegrounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2zZe

I noticed highlighted change entries in the database adding three VHF-high band frequencies, licensed to Sparta, have been designated as "Countywide" firegrounds - A, B, and C. Setting aside completely the inappropriate frequency / CTCSS tone combination issues, I'm left wondering what the difference is between Countywide Fireground B and Countywide Fireground C. Any ideas? Or is it a misprint on one of the two channels?

Last edited:

W2SJW

Database Admin
Whoops, that's my bad (I fat-fingered the info on Fireground B)!

It's been fixed...

S

scanner1man

Are these replacing the Low Band FG Channels?

Also, I'm surprised the County did this,being a lot of the FD"s are on their own High Band FG"s already.

Are these for the FD"S that Sussex County 911 Center Dispatches for?

W2SJW

Database Admin
Hopefully someone else can answer this. I was just working the submission as it was sent in (I don't have any first-hand knowledge of the details).

S

scanner1man

I just wrote this for anyone in general to answer,if anyone might have anything new to add. Sorry for the confusion.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Actually, another admin pointed out the fact that these are the national VFIRE channels, right down to the PL's.

They are going to be removed, as we are not to duplicate national frequencies in local sections if the frequency & PL match (regardless if a local jurisdiction has a valid license).

S

scanner1man

Ok,thanks.I thought I saw these somewhere before,now that you mentioned this.

Status
Not open for further replies.