PSR-800: Intermittent "garbling" on P25 Phase ll Simulcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake68111

Local system recently moved to a P25 Simulcast and partial Phase ll system (just one or two TG's are Phase ll) and using the RS 800 MHZ antenna brings an intermittent garbling of voice during some, not all TX's.

Here is the system: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?siteId=10090

Right now I'm testing out the rubber duck that came with the radio initially, to see if I hear a difference.

Do others have this experience with the 800 and Phase ll on a Simulcast system with some garbled voice?

Is there any settings in the radio that could possibly make this situation better?

Thanks in advance!

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Simulcast garbles are an issue for every scanner without an I/Q demodulator. Which is every model from every manufacturer except the Uniden SDS100. The only cures are a directional antenna (to isolate one transmitter from the system) and in some cases, a variable attenuator. All kinds of other solutions have been tried, but they are old wives' tales, snake oil, or outright BS.

Scanner settings can make incremental improvements in reception, but will not sove the problem completely.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Whistler hasn't even released any photos or CAD renderings of the TRX-100 or TRX-200 so far, so I wouldn't get too excited about them yet. When no photos have been publicly released, it's a pretty good indication that the products are still very early in the design process.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.