Pasco's new P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

usafk9dan

I've been running discovery mode on my BCD436HP on this new system and its not looking good for the scanner world for Pasco Co. Looks like Pasco Co. is moving to the dark side every talk group is encrypted. I was in Pasco radio repair shop about a month ago(work related) and they told me the new system would be all encrypted.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I'm going to get someone to go on the record there for my station. If it's true, we'll go from there.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
I was hoping you'd see this, Ryan.

Sheriff Nocco should be reminded that Sheriff Judd, with whom he shares many qualities and values with, does not encrypt his routine radio traffic because it "keeps his deputies honest."

CanesFan95

Ah, so that is the new Pasco system. But it's only 4 frequencies. Even with TDMA, that's not enough. And how did we confirm it's Pasco? The FCC licensing still looks screwy. Everytime I monitor the control channel with DSD+ Fast Lane, I get no activity at all. Not even 1 affiliation/registration. It's dead.

Maybe if enough of us post about this on their social media page, we can gettem to re-consider: https://www.facebook.com/pascosheriff/ . Maybe there's power in numbers?

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
To get the P25 frequencies go to digitalfrequencysearch.com
Ed

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Maybe if enough of us post about this on their social media page, we can gettem to re-consider: https://www.facebook.com/pascosheriff/ . Maybe there's power in numbers?

Yes, if you have an interest in monitoring, you should say something. It's your right to petition the government. Social media, letters, calls, E-mail... do it all.

Contact all af the television stations and newspapers in the area. Let them know why it matters. I am getting mine involved but this will have to be a "united front."

Anything less than keeping keeping the routine dispatch channels in the clear is completely unacceptable. Get involved before the system is actually pushed out.

ngel

I've been running discovery mode on my BCD436HP on this new system and its not looking good for the scanner world for Pasco Co. Looks like Pasco Co. is moving to the dark side every talk group is encrypted. I was in Pasco radio repair shop about a month ago(work related) and they told me the new system would be all encrypted.

I do not see why they would 100% encrypt when all you have to do is look at what happened with the Miami system. Same company installed that system which failed with 100% encryption. I don’t believe the information your getting is correct from what I have heard otherwise with people I know that work in Pasco.

ngel

Yes, if you have an interest in monitoring, you should say something. It's your right to petition the government. Social media, letters, calls, E-mail... do it all.

Contact all af the television stations and newspapers in the area. Let them know why it matters. I am getting mine involved but this will have to be a "united front."

Anything less than keeping keeping the routine dispatch channels in the clear is completely unacceptable. Get involved before the system is actually pushed out.

I have emailed the Sheriff directly and only got a response from his assistant that they would relay my email to him. I have also emailed my county commissioners several times. No response from them at all. This is not surprising when dipsh@#ts keep streaming the traffic of Pasco. Everytime one feed goes down another goes up.

ngel

I was hoping you'd see this, Ryan.

Sheriff Nocco should be reminded that Sheriff Judd, with whom he shares many qualities and values with, does not encrypt his routine radio traffic because it "keeps his deputies honest."

When I emailed the Sherrif about encryption I stated all they need to do is look at Pinellas almost all Pd’S except Tarpon have dispatch in the clear. Also Clearwater PD opened their dispatch after initially being encrypted. We need to find out how that was brought forward and do the same in Pasco.

CanesFan95

Is this system owned and run by the Sheriff, or the Board Of County Commissioners?

ngel

Pasco P25

This is what i have:

How do we know this is in fact Pasco? What area of the County are you hearing them in? The reason I ask is from searching the other day there is no P25 system coming up for them on the west side right now.

CanesFan95

Did your scanner automatically figure our all those frequencies? When I run DSD+, it thinks there's only those 4 frequencies. Everytime I monitor those 4 frequencies, it's completely dead. So I don't think we have a confirmation on anything yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.