Park Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewL

Premium Subscriber
I've been trying to figure out how I would listen to the State Park Rangers on RadioRefernce.

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
Most of them are using WSP area frequencies or the trunk system in selected areas as "Parks" so it depends if there is a audio feed that monitors WSP

AndrewL

Premium Subscriber
Thank you. Im wondering what it means when they tell dispatch theyre out of park. I heard a ranger say for example Parks 561 Vancouver, ill be out of Battle Ground Lake State Park. Dose it mean that theyre out of the park boundries or that theyre on duty and will be based out of that park.

RBMTS

"Out Of" means "Working At". The rangers are usually floating (as I remember) so they will report what park they will be work at (meaning "out of"). If you called in sick to work and will work from home, you'd probably tell your boss "I'm sick today so I'm going to work out of my home".

Hope that makes sense.

vdcceo

Premium Subscriber
The phrase "Park 561 Vancouver" tell me that they were on the wsp system and he was talking Vancouver dispatch. they do have there own system but I belive they use WSP for coverage

code3kid

In Wenatchee I regularly hear them on 151.280 as a car-car frequency but they are dispatched on WSP Area.

Status
Not open for further replies.