Dutchess Co. - Poughkeepsie City Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul

On Monday the Poughkeepsie City Council received a report from Windbourne Consulting with recommendations for consolidating City and Dutchess County 911 dispatch. There are some interesting parts in the report about radio plans for the city and Dutchess County. The entire Windbourne report is contained within the council packet at:

Common Council Meeting – June 4, 2018 – Common Council

D

DaveNF2G

One of Windbourne's identified drawbacks is that police and fire operate on different frequencies and from different locations. This is not a tech problem. Full implementation of NIMS would solve the problem.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
What I find interesting is the 5 year lease extension with NYCOMCO on EDACS in the report. I know spare parts are plentiful, but that just amazes me. This is also for a lot of agencies not only in Dutchess, but some in Ulster and Orange as well. While Orange has been plagued with delays in getting their new 700 P25 system up and running, I also found the study interesting in the fact that NYCOMCO has expressed their willingness to upgrade to P25 system of their own for public safety in the report depending on user by in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
I interpret that as the 5 year lease is with NYCOMCO who is interested in migrating to P25, and that EDACS is at the end of life.

If NYCOMCO cannot support the system reliably (not just for Dutchess but for public safety agencies in neighboring counties), I’m positive that they will upgrade the infrastructure to P25 and lease P25 radios to agencies since the agreement between the NYCOMCO and cities is the lease of radio service

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
This has been brought up in the past and has been shot down before. Will be interesting to see what happens. The County actually gives the City some money for their 911 center.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I interpret that as the 5 year lease is with NYCOMCO who is interested in migrating to P25, and that EDACS is at the end of life.

If NYCOMCO cannot support the system reliably (not just for Dutchess but for public safety agencies in neighboring counties), I’m positive that they will upgrade the infrastructure to P25 and lease P25 radios to agencies since the agreement between the NYCOMCO and cities is the lease of radio service

Dutchess has been talking with Harris and Motorola for their own P25 system. We'll see how this pans out.

Status
Not open for further replies.