Sentinel Programming issues with NXDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hearken

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering if the Sentinel 2.00 (revision 02) was having NXDN issues in the programming? I downloaded the SDS100 sentinel the other day, and when I put a NXDN one frequency system in the sentinel program, it doesnt seem to work. My Whistler TRX-2, picks up the system fine, but the BCD536HP does not. Here's the catch, when I put the system in manually, into the BCD536HP radio by itself, the system works.
I thought maybe there was something I missed, or maybe there are still bugs in the sentinel program. If anybody could clue me in, I would greatly appreciated it.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Program the system in the radio, verify it works, then read the radio into Sentinel. Compare to what you programmed in Sentinel. There's likely a difference you overlooked.

Hearken

Premium Subscriber
I used your idea about putting the system in the 536 manually, then down loaded it back into the new Sentinel program, compared the two and they looked the same. I even added negative signs to the longitude, in the Sentinel, unfortunately the results were the same. Not working. I will wait to see if there is a update to the program later on in the up and coming months ahead. Thanks again.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Export your FL, zip it up and post it for someone else to look at. There are no known bugs. that would result in what you describe.

phask

Premium Subscriber
On a related note - I just downloaded the 6/3 database and still don't see a nearby county NXDN trunk system - am I missing something?

What you are missing is Sentinel does not import RR NXDN... YET - still some backend work needed.

troymail

Silent Key
What you are missing is Sentinel does not import RR NXDN... YET - still some backend work needed.

Ok - thanks - I was under the impression from Paul's comment's last week that these system would be in the database/library this week. Looking back at it again, it seems I may have read more into that statement than I should have....

Hearken

Premium Subscriber
"Now", the Sentinel works with NXDN

I knew that sometime, NXDN would work with the Sentinel, cause the first time I tried to program with the Sentinel, the NXDN TGID Format column, was blocked off. I notice that now the formula for the NexEdge and IDAS have been put into the Sentinel, after the Update to the Sentinel 2.00.05, was applied. Also I noticed that both systems needed LCN in order for the system to work. This seems to be the reason I could not use the Sentinel program, but I am addressing this to "jonwienke" who told me to put this into the 536 then down load it back into the PC then compare it to the program that I created from the Sentinel program that I may have over looked. Paul from Uniden, told me that the Sentinel program did not have any bugs in the system, but obviously there was something not right in the program. For those who were curious about this event, just wanted to justify the outcome. Now both radios (Uniden 536 & 436, and TRX -2, and TRX-1) are receiving the same transmissions. I figured it was just a manner of time, before the bugs were worked out.

Hit_Factor

Using the LCN finder have you been able to receive more than 5 lcn(s)?

I'm trying to scan a low power system that is not listed in the RR DB. I have confirmed 27 frequencies in the system but can never get more than 5 lcns.

Lcn finder has a limit of 30 frequencies, just fyi.

Lcn finder seems to start over from scratch every time it starts. I think I'll prune out the 5 known lcns and see if 5 different numbers are found.

I know the radio tech for the system, so eventually he will tell me, but there is no fun in that. Up until I started telling him what I know, he thought his system could not be monitored.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
27 frequencies is probably more than one site. It's possible the 5 frequencies are for one site. LCN finder only works for one site at a time, so additional frequencies for some other site will be ignored. Move the confirmed LCN freqs to their own site, and re-run LCN Finder on the hodgepodge. It will probably find another 5-10 LCNs.

Hit_Factor

Move the confirmed LCN freqs to their own site, and re-run LCN Finder on the hodgepodge. It will probably find another 5-10 LCNs.

Right, just like I described. I hope 10 lcns are found but it seems to have a limit of 5.

I started with over 70 freqs based on license data. I'm down to 26 now.

I have a Icom IC-r30 that does a great job of logging digital transmissions. I see the correct talkgroups and radio IDs on all of these frequencies. I don't think there is are any other networks mixed in. It's a fairly rural setting.

I also know the local radio provider and he is a big fan of DMR and Hytera, so there isn't a local dealer pushing NXDN.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
The best way is to search the sites it will tell you site # then you can run LCN finder but it will take time to search the sites and get the info. Have you tried to run analyze and see what it says? You will have to find the control channel first. Also when I go out site hunting I am running 2 to 4 scanners a laptop and a few other toys.

W5RGP

The best way is to search the sites it will tell you site # then you can run LCN finder but it will take time to search the sites and get the info. Have you tried to run analyze and see what it says? You will have to find the control channel first. Also when I go out site hunting I am running 2 to 4 scanners a laptop and a few other toys.

have you noticed what appears to be some IDAS tg's on the dickson county site?
Im headed home on Sunday for a week or so and will investigate further , but i just found a bunch of recordings from one of my trx1's and there were some that popped up in those recordings?

and i made a list of freq's about 20 or so that i have 52001 and 52005 traffic on

Hit_Factor

I can't figure out what you are suggesting?

1. "then you can run LCN finder but it will take time to search the sites and get the info." It doesn't matter how long I run LCN finder, 10 minutes or 10 hours, it finds 5 LCNs. If I break the freqs down to smaller groups of say 7 to 10 interesting frequencies, it finds 5 in each group.

2. "Have you tried to run analyze and see what it says?" Site number and 5 freqs, same as item 1.

3. "You will have to find the control channel first." Found, and what do I do with it once ID'd?

4. "Also when I go out site hunting I am running 2 to 4 scanners a laptop and a few other toys." Not sure what to do with this comment.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
You are not going to break multiple sites with 1 scanner easy. When I go out site hunting I am using 2 to scanners at the same time looking for Systems, Sites, Frequencies PER SITE, and LCN's then I go Talkgroup hunting. Look at the RR Database how a system is laid out NXDN TRUNKING will not track correctly if it is not set up correct Site Number just lets you know you are working on the same site.

Status
Not open for further replies.