Greene CATS and EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

transitman

Recently I was Signal Stalking the Greene County CATS bus system. The frequency 858.1625 came up and with the familiar EDACS tones. The RR DB does not contain any information and as this is an EDACS system, it's difficult to determine LCN in addition to TG ID's. The FCC database shows a three frequency system (858, 859 & 860.1625) licensed to Wolf, Michael with call sign WPYE457. After searching the Ohio forums, I discovered that the Greene County used an EDACS system before migrating to MARCS.

If anyone has more information on the LCN (and possibly the Greene CATS TG). could you kindly post it. Thanks for your assistance!

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Recently I was Signal Stalking the Greene County CATS bus system. The frequency 858.1625 came up and with the familiar EDACS tones. The RR DB does not contain any information and as this is an EDACS system, it's difficult to determine LCN in addition to TG ID's. The FCC database shows a three frequency system (858, 859 & 860.1625) licensed to Wolf, Michael with call sign WPYE457. After searching the Ohio forums, I discovered that the Greene County used an EDACS system before migrating to MARCS.

If anyone has more information on the LCN (and possibly the Greene CATS TG). could you kindly post it. Thanks for your assistance!

Check out the W/S Electronics EDACS system. Those frequencies are part of it; it was believed that system had been shut down when Greene County moved to Ohio MARCS, but evidently not.

I've un-deprecated the system and removed the government frequencies which were transferred to MARCS. The system may also have been reconfigured so LCN and talkgroup IDs might have changed.

Last edited:

transitman

wa8pyr
Thanks for restoring the information. I can confirm that 859.1625 is the control channel around Xenia. Any ideas as to how to determine the LCN?

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
wa8pyr
Thanks for restoring the information. I can confirm that 859.1625 is the control channel around Xenia. Any ideas as to how to determine the LCN?

Program it as-is for now and see if it works. I doubt that W/S would have reconfigured the system as they would have needed to change all of the business customer radios as well, but one never knows.

If it doesn't work, the easiest way is to program the frequencies into a separate scanner and monitor them alongside the EDACS scanner. If a conversation comes up on the EDACS radio that you're not hearing, but it's active on the other scanner, you just found the correct frequency for that LCN.

transitman

Mr. wa8pyr,

I downloaded the file as shown, however no transmissions were noted. When 858.1625 was programmed as a conventional channel, all the Greene CATS transmissions were heard in addition to the familiar EDACS tones. You might as well delete the Greene County system.

Status
Not open for further replies.