Strange Transmissions on Amarillo Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobytwo

Visiting Amarillo and programmed the trunking system and getting VERY RANDOM prerecorded messages. So far I've recorded about 8 of them. There is a man's voice and also a woman's voice. Some of the messages are: "The soft cushion broke the man's fall." "The junkyard had a moldy smell".The TGs are 20001 and 20002. Has anyone else programmed the Amarillo system yet? I' m going to be here several days so I will be doing further listening.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Probably a new system and/or they're doing testing. I've heard live voices(in the Dallas/Fort Worth area) reading passages from books, and then usually someone reports back how it sounded. This maybe a new automated way of doing testing.

Visiting Amarillo and programmed the trunking system and getting VERY RANDOM prerecorded messages. So far I've recorded about 8 of them. There is a man's voice and also a woman's voice. Some of the messages are: "The soft cushion broke the man's fall." "The junkyard had a moldy smell".The TGs are 20001 and 20002. Has anyone else programmed the Amarillo system yet? I' m going to be here several days so I will be doing further listening.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
KevinC beat me to it, Hardvard sentences. They are phonetically balanced to test communications links.

My personal favorite test phrase used was, "And I will strike down upon thee, with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." The comedic value was not lost when I heard that one.

mjm2001

New Talk groups

Was in Amarillo this last Friday and in conversation with my stepson who works for AFD he said they were told that July 11 will be the cutover date for the new trunking system. He noted that some supervisors have been using the system checking coverage. It will not be just one or two departments they were told it will be a total city wide communications cut over.

Potter County will follow later and there is talk that Randall County will join the system at a later date.

While there I had a chance to hookup the scanner and logged the following Talk Groups
20101This one sounded like ground crews testing as well as regular work
20102 Heard what sounded like APD traffic on this one license checks
20106 looked like data transmissions of some sort

Amarillo-pronews-7

Feed Provider
I'm having trouble monitoring the new system. I programmed what was listed in the database but haven't heard a peep. Can anyone help me with this? Maybe send me the file?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm having trouble monitoring the new system. I programmed what was listed in the database but haven't heard a peep. Can anyone help me with this? Maybe send me the file?
I'm not in the area, so can't help you with a known working file. But anyone in your area would need to know which scanner model you have, to see if one of their files could help you. Which model scanner are you using?

twobytwo

Might try programming Phase 2 in your scanner. I forgot to look to see which one Amarillo was using, I programmed both in my scanner when I was up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.