Ordering SDS-100 w/ ZipScanners oddity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Feed Provider
Greetings...

So I tried ordering thru "Zipscanners" on Monday and received a confirmation email. I chatted with them today after hearing nothing via email as to whether it shipped or if there was a delay. They told me the order was declined and that I would have to send them either a copy of my passport or driver's license in order to complete the order. I wasn't comfortable with sending a copy of either via internet or snail mail.

I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience. I just went ahead and purchased it from another vendor.

Tim

Davidlee_64

I ordered my SDS100 through zipscanners today around 11 AM my time. I got the email indicating the order went through. My bank showed as paying the order. About an hour later I got shipping confirmation and a tracking number. No glitches here. Perhaps your ship to vs billing address caused the issue. I tried to order a product from another company a while back, and the order was kicked because my cell phone number area code (NJ) didn't match the addresses (AZ) provided.

oracavon

Just a note - in another thread, multiple people were complaing that zipscanners sent them an email "confirming" shipment with a tracking number, but they found that in fact, it never had been shipped. One person has already filed a BBB complaint over the issue. Hopefully that's not true in your case, but it isn't always safe to believe that they really did ship it just because they said they did.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
There is an issue with Zipscanners right now. They claimed to have units in stock on Wednesday and accepted orders as such, but it turns out that they did not have the units on hand (they were in transit and subsequently delayed.) Early this morning at 3am-ish they sent a series of emails explaining the delay, and this afternoon they sent another email that the shipment was received and they have brought in additional staff to pack the SDS100s for shipping. Note that they had already processed shipping on Thursday via USPS before they had stock on hand. As of Friday at 8:04pm EST, they have not shipped according to USPS tracking. Not particularly happy with this vendor atm. Note that before I ordered on Wednesday, I opened a chat dialogue with Luke H, who said they had the units in stock, and based on that conversation, I placed an order. Apparently they were not in stock. Let's hope Zipscanners works this out amicably.

tpp517

Premium Subscriber
Same for me, manus92. I hope this works itself out, guess we will have to wait for Monday to see how it goes.

srpawski

Premium Subscriber
Mine shows in pre process shipping status with a time date stamp of 5:22PM yesterday as well. No movement yet from my zip order.

I'm the one one filed with the BBB in the other thread.

rsbelax

Same here, placed my order Tuesday the 5th in the evening... I received the same emails and notifications stating that they received their shipment of scanners today and informing me that they would ship out today (Friday) . However, when I check the USPS site I still do not see any updates beyond the “shipping label created, USPS awaiting item”.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Same for me, manus92. I hope this works itself out, guess we will have to wait for Monday to see how it goes.

USPS does do business on Saturdays (and Sundays if you are Amazon.)

spotsyrick

Zips

I too had the same problem with Zips. I ordered Wednesday ad they said it would ship Thursday. They lied that they had in stock when they didn't. They said they would ship today but I got an email at 8:11pm stating that my order was shipped. That's another lie because USPS has closed so all they did was print out the label so it can be shipped tomorrow. I won't buy from Zipscanners ever again.

ScanFanEd

Premium Subscriber
I too had the same problem with Zips. I ordered Wednesday ad they said it would ship Thursday. They lied that they had in stock when they didn't. They said they would ship today but I got an email at 8:11pm stating that my order was shipped. That's another lie because USPS has closed so all they did was print out the label so it can be shipped tomorrow. I won't buy from Zipscanners ever again.

I believe there is another thread that mentions that this may in part have to do with some product shipping from their distributors instead of their Minnesota location. I do not really have a problem with the fact that an item shows as shipped when the label is printed, in fact I think it may be rather common.

I am really trying to give Zip Scanners the benefit of the doubt, as I suspect they have been very busy with the release of the SDS100, however the issue I have with them is that I am finding that their level of support is NOT like they advertise or suggest in so many of the videos and webpage. They constantly mention that they are happy to answer any question, offer life time support and so on. I have had some issues and questions in regard to programming that I ordered and paid for (as the SDS100 got shipped before the programming could be done), and since then it has been painful getting support. E-mail's and voice mail's have pretty much been ignored. I finally for "Jessie" on their chat system this morning, who said a tech would call me next week, "if he has time". When I questioned the "if he has time" part, and he just said that the gentleman that he wants to have call me is very busy.

Again, I am really trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but overall I do not find their after-sale (or even during-sale) support to even close to what they advertise. Hopefully it is just because of the SDS100 popularity.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I exchanged some emails with them, yesterday, and they were expecting to spend all weekend working on programming the scanners that were ordered w/programming service. Even in the email they sounded pretty wore out. They've had a very busy week. I'd expect things to calm down for them (and all the dealers) this next week...pretty sure just about every unit that came in has sold through.

ScanFanEd

Premium Subscriber
I exchanged some emails with them, yesterday, and they were expecting to spend all weekend working on programming the scanners that were ordered w/programming service. Even in the email they sounded pretty wore out. They've had a very busy week. I'd expect things to calm down for them (and all the dealers) this next week...pretty sure just about every unit that came in has sold through.

You are such a class-act, Paul. Appreciate all that you do to look out for all aspects of this hobby. It is obviously that you have burning the candle at both ends through this process as well.

I agree, it sounds like they (Zip Scanners and all other retailers) had quite a week. I too could sense it just in the tone through their chat system. I am still giving them the benefit of the doubt, as from all their videos it seems like it is certainly their goal to provide quality support.

Thanks again.

Peerlessk

I ordered my sds100 through zip scanner . A hick up with shipping orders placed on 6/7 . Zip scanners sent a email out about shipping delay . Received mine today . It shipped 6/8 no upgrades .

Synchro39

Premium Subscriber
i place and order with them today prior to place my order i asked them on the chat and they have 99 in stock as for this morning then i hope to see shipping tracking soon

sodakney

same denial Tim

Greetings...

So I tried ordering thru "Zipscanners" on Monday and received a confirmation email. I chatted with them today after hearing nothing via email as to whether it shipped or if there was a delay. They told me the order was declined and that I would have to send them either a copy of my passport or driver's license in order to complete the order. I wasn't comfortable with sending a copy of either via internet or snail mail.

I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience. I just went ahead and purchased it from another vendor.

ZipScanners flagged my order also and when I quizzed them about it they said my address or phone number didn't match up. I think the order taker could have recorded the wrong info in all the rush of orders. He seemed pretty stressed out. When they asked for my drivers license I cancelled the order with them. They said the refund would take 3-5 business days.
A couple days later they emailed me several times and said they had units in stock. I replied that I hadn't even received my credit card refund yet. Big surprise: I had the refund within 5 minutes!! when they were hoping I would place another order, but I didn't.

johnnystuyv

I believe there is another thread that mentions that this may in part have to do with some product shipping from their distributors instead of their Minnesota location. I do not really have a problem with the fact that an item shows as shipped when the label is printed, in fact I think it may be rather common.

I am really trying to give Zip Scanners the benefit of the doubt, as I suspect they have been very busy with the release of the SDS100, however the issue I have with them is that I am finding that their level of support is NOT like they advertise or suggest in so many of the videos and webpage. They constantly mention that they are happy to answer any question, offer life time support and so on. I have had some issues and questions in regard to programming that I ordered and paid for (as the SDS100 got shipped before the programming could be done), and since then it has been painful getting support. E-mail's and voice mail's have pretty much been ignored. I finally for "Jessie" on their chat system this morning, who said a tech would call me next week, "if he has time". When I questioned the "if he has time" part, and he just said that the gentleman that he wants to have call me is very busy.

Again, I am really trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but overall I do not find their after-sale (or even during-sale) support to even close to what they advertise. Hopefully it is just because of the SDS100 popularity.
I pre-ordered my 100 from zip and received it on time without a hitch. I believe they may be overwhelmed with the orders now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

allend

Premium Subscriber
Greetings...

ZipScanners flagged my order also and when I quizzed them about it they said my address or phone number didn't match up. I think the order taker could have recorded the wrong info in all the rush of orders. He seemed pretty stressed out. When they asked for my drivers license I cancelled the order with them. They said the refund would take 3-5 business days.
A couple days later they emailed me several times and said they had units in stock. I replied that I hadn't even received my credit card refund yet. Big surprise: I had the refund within 5 minutes!! when they were hoping I would place another order, but I didn't.

Sounds like they were out of stock of radios which makes sense since the demand out of the gate is there for now. Even though they advertise they are in stock they probably are not and waiting for more inventory to show up. False advertising most likely to keep the flow of cash coming in. Sellers don't realize that when we place orders and they say they are in stock that it should ship same day and be there quickly.

Markinsac

I ordered one about a week ago from them - upgraded to 2-day shipping. Arrived last Thursday with no issues.

When ordering via credit card, some processors (not the company themselves) have systems to monitor for fraud. If your address or name differs enough from what is expected, they flag and deny. You have the option of using PayPal at this company - it was what I used this time.

10-75

Feed Provider
I just tried to order an SDS100 from them... I ordered via PayPal and shipped to my confirmed PayPal shipping address. I opened a chat session with them to verify that they actually had stock and when it would ship and they claimed they had stock however my order was flagged for possible fraud. They then wanted me to send a copy of my drivers license or passport. I told them I refuse to do that as I use PayPal all the time and have never had to do this before. The whole reason I used PayPal is to avoid any issues and the whole purpose of a PayPal confirmed shipping address is to avoid fraud.... I don't know what kind of game they're playing, but I'm not going to play....

Status
Not open for further replies.