Full database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesfan

I use sentinel for the full database on my scanner. However, when I go online from my desktop I find many more frequencies in the database on the RR website. If this has been discussed before, will someone direct me to more database information in regard to the missing frequencies?

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
The Sentinel database is only pulled from the RR database once per week, on Mondays. Any updates on RR made after the pull won't be reflected in Sentinel until the next Monday.

Bluesfan

I am not referring to database updates. Maybe this will help clarify. I'm talking about frequencies that are catagorized as "other." Such as businesses and attractions or air traffic. I don't see all of them listed in sentinel.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Give a specific example. They probably are in there unless they are NXDN.

Bluesfan

Still looking at the database

It really seems to me that there is more on the website.
For example, on the website I can search all fcc licenses. Public safety conv, Business conv, Public safety trunked, Businesses trunked, broadcast, marine, state licenses, mobiles and cancelled/expired.

I am simply overlooking how to access the database in its entirety on sentinel?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
FCC data on this site is not part of the RadioReference database. They are listings (unverified) of licensees. We only use verified (i.e. RadioReference database) data.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Are you are referring to the "Display All FCC Licenses in YOUR County "?

You have the database, that has all known user submitted freqs.

Then you have FCC licenses for your county.

The difference is that the database contains freqs that have been submitted as known working freqs. The show all FCC license, that will show all FCC licenses from your county. (or what ever county you choose. It will show every license thats registered in your county. It also displays input freqs as well as output freqs.

However, there are a ton of FCC licenses and many of them are not even in use even tho there listed. There are license that have the wrong emissions listed. There are licenses that have the wrong control points listed. There are licenses that are no longer in use even tho it says its not expired. There are licenses that were granted and have not been built out yet, and or abandoned. There are freqs listed in my area on a license that are listed as analog but in reality, they are now cap plus (digital). We also have many freqs licensed to our local fire departments that never have any activity.

If someone stumbles across a license, and adds the freqs to their scanner, and verifies activity, then it gets submitted to the database.

Bluesfan

Yes, I was looking in fcc licenses for my county. And I have found listings that were not in use among other things. But I do see entities listed that I know operate in my area. Such as tow services.

RCjim

Premium Subscriber
When I look on R/R for Oneida and Herkimer County in NY I see Mobiletech Communications, but when I load Sentinel its not listed under either County. I have the latest update 1/6/19, what are my options?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.