no Friday Firmware ??? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrscanner2008

Premium Subscriber
I'm waiting patiently for the Friday firmware to see if the capmax problems will be correct, but nothing for the moment :(

garys

Premium Subscriber
It's obvious that Uniden has abandoned the x36HP line in favor of the SDSxxx line. :roll:

Someone had to say it. :lol:

dallascowboys

It's obvious that Uniden has abandoned the x36HP line in favor of the SDSxxx line. :roll:

Someone had to say it. :lol:

Seems that way, but do know that they still had some work to do for RR Data base, how ever with that said it seems to be all about the SDS100 today, and how long have we all had NXDN capability ? I know that everyone is working hard on a lot of things and that everyone is trying their best but wouldn't it be easier for us to use our 436,536, and the SDS100 if everything was working the right way ?

mule1075

Feed Provider
wouldn't it be easier for us to use our 436,536, and the SDS100 if everything was working the right way ?

Yes that is why they are working on it so everything works the right way. Does not matter if you ask in an existing thread or start a new one about the same question bottom line is it will not make uniden get it done any quicker.

wise871

Database Admin
We all knew the Firmware Friday wasn't going to last forever. Granted Uniden is busy with the SDS100 but it also could mean they got to a point were weekly updates aren't needed as much. Sure the updates were to bring the x36 up to speed and iron out SDS/NXDN bugs but there at the point now were they need to take in all the feedback and spend more time fine tuning the firmware. If anything it shows they are still working to keep a 2013 lineup current.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Sorry guys but it probably isn't going to happen today. I was given a test version to see if it fixed the LCN Finder issue some of us are having with CAP+/MAX systems before general release. Unfortunately it didn't. So that version isn't being released, versus sending out something that is known to be broken. I sent UPMan a detailed email with what I did to test the version he sent me, along with a log file. So it is being looked at, unfortunately it's taking longer this week.

I figured my bad news might disappoint y'all, but it's better to wait a few days to get something that works correctly than get a new version that doesn't fix anything now.

wise871

Database Admin
Sorry guys but it probably isn't going to happen today. I was given a test version to see if it fixed the LCN Finder issue some of us are having with CAP+/MAX systems before general release. Unfortunately it didn't. So that version isn't being released, versus sending out something that is known to be broken. I sent UPMan a detailed email with what I did to test the version he sent me, along with a log file. So it is being looked at, unfortunately it's taking longer this week.

I figured my bad news might disappoint y'all, but it's better to wait a few days to get something that works correctly than get a new version that doesn't fix anything now.

There you go folks. Now we continue with our regularly scheduled program. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
LCN Finder isn't working properly, especially on systems that use RAS. I went on a field trip with the 436 and SDS100 and parked near the transmitter of a known problem system, and while the SDS100 was receiving transmissions clearly, the 436 running LCN Finder on the same system never found crap.

mrscanner2008

Premium Subscriber

I submitted several logs for CAPMAX and I never received a test version to confirm that the problem was going to be corrected.

I'M disappointed !!!

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Don't call them, they call you. And I doubt the logs you submitted were a waste of time.

mrscanner2008

Premium Subscriber
I even offered to Upman to provide others logs because the system is quite active with the police, firefighters and public works.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
On Fridays I go in for treatment and one of the first things they do is shoot 25 mg of Benadryl into my IV. It kicks my butt...I was battling staying awake and reasonably lucid to get some work done for the remaining 2 hours of treatment. So, only one PM went out. Another PM is about to go out...

dallascowboys

On Fridays I go in for treatment and one of the first things they do is shoot 25 mg of Benadryl into my IV. It kicks my butt...I was battling staying awake and reasonably lucid to get some work done for the remaining 2 hours of treatment. So, only one PM went out. Another PM is about to go out...

So you went to la la land sleeping beauty I hope it helps and I pray for you everyday, take care of yourself we all need you .

Status
Not open for further replies.