SDS 100 Keypad Lock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I tried that as well, no joy. It appears the feature was omitted in the SDS100. It could be added in a firmware update though, and probably should be.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Interesting, For some reason I assumed that on the "Display Customizer" in Sentinel the word "KEY" in the upper right corner was about locking the keypad.

I guess I will try to look that up.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The omission may not be intentional. But the normal key combination does not work, and keypad lock is not mentioned in the manual.

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
SDS100 Keypad Lock

Can someone tell me how to enable / disable the keypad lock feature?

I wrote my bcd436hp profile to my sds100 by accident, and it had the keypad locked. Re-wrote the correct model profile to it to correct the problem.

JamesO

The SDS100 needs some form of Keypad Lock or at least be able to Lock the Scroll Knob to only adjust Volume like on the 436HP when the keypad is Locked.

I was monitoring and recording a Police chase this morning and had the radio on a Channel Hold. Had to take the dog out for a walk, decided to take the scanner and slipped it in my pocket. Then I realized that the radio was silent. Pulled the radio out of my pocket and realized than the Scroll Knob had change the Channel Hold to a different Talk Group.

So whether or not there is an actual "Keypad Lock" feature enabled, there should at least be a way lock the Scroll Knob to avoid a problem like I had today with the radio on a Channel/Talk Group Hold.

UPMan are you listening??

Other votes for at least a Scroll Knob lock feature as the keys are hard to inadvertently bump/hit.

ResQguy

Meh
Seconded! To not be able to lock functions on this radio is unbelievable. Keypad lock has been a thing for 30 years or more in the Bearcat line.

Nasby

Is adding a keypad lock something that can be done through a firmware update?

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
Such a trivial code change to accomplish such an important feature to have gone this long without it.

JamesO

Decision - Keypad Lock feature or able to properly follow trunking radio traffic??

I kind of see the priority, but lets hope the Keypad Lock feature shows up SOON.

Nasby

Decision - Keypad Lock feature or able to properly follow trunking radio traffic??

I kind of see the priority, but lets hope the Keypad Lock feature shows up SOON.

Agreed. Get the perfomance bugs worked out first.
Seems Uniden is working hard at this with the frequent Beta F/W releases.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Just received my SDS100 yesterday & noticed this lack of feature today. Decided I can live without it, my SDS is in a protective case so it's hard to inadvertantly press any keys let alone intentionally press them with my finger :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.