FDNY EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I unfortunately witnessed someone be hit by a vehicle in Midtown yesterday.
I called 911 and spoke with the dispatcher. She put me on hold and it sounded like she was calling another dispatcher on the radio but I could hear it through the phone. Why is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
What you probably heard was the nypd 911 operator talking to the fdny ems call taker. Did you end up speaking to a second person?
The second person should be the one to give medical instructions

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I spoke to 911 and they transferred me to EMS. Gave me instructions and the bus arrived about 8 mins later. How do they communicate to the call taker? Via phone? It sounded like radio and they raised the call taker with a unit number. 1310

Danny37

When you first call 911, an NYPD call tacker answers the phone and then transfers to EMS or FD or both depending on the call. When it's an EMS run, both call takers NYPD and EMS exchange operator numbers before talking to the caller. It's a 3 line connection so the caller will hear them exchanging operator numbers. If the job was "pre released" by the NYPD call taker you'll even hear them giving the EMS operator the EMS job number.

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
I spoke to 911 and they transferred me to EMS. Gave me instructions and the bus arrived about 8 mins later. How do they communicate to the call taker? Via phone? It sounded like radio and they raised the call taker with a unit number. 1310

It's all by phone like a conference call. The numbers are the dispatcher id's just like you hear on the radio but only on the phone in the phone in this case.

Any time you talk to the dispatch offices it's like this even when I call in on private lines. They answer with the i d number.

Salmatt30

Premium Subscriber
What you probably heard was the nypd 911 operator talking to the fdny ems call taker. Did you end up speaking to a second person?
The second person should be the one to give medical instructions

I can’t message you back you have too many messages, it says you need to clear some of them for me to send you anymore messages

Status
Not open for further replies.