New EMS Agency OKC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
https://samaritanemsok.com/

Maybe new to OKC, but appears to have been around for a while.

Hey, Gary. Location is Bethany. Since they apparently have the 9-1-1 contract for Yukon, not to mention the OU/Children's ground contract, this is undoubtedly related to those ops.

OKC and many surrounding cities are part of EMSA and EMSA's operations contractor is AMR (for Gary, that's "A-M-AH" ...). I don't know when the current contract is up.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Hey, Gary. Location is Bethany. Since they apparently have the 9-1-1 contract for Yukon, not to mention the OU/Children's ground contract, this is undoubtedly related to those ops.

OKC and many surrounding cities are part of EMSA and EMSA's operations contractor is AMR (for Gary, that's "A-M-AH" ...). I don't know when the current contract is up.

The contract is up in Aug. To my knowledge the contract will not be renewed however EMSA is staying put for all of OKC. You might notice some changes over the next year or so around town ;)

plaws

Premium Subscriber
The contract is up in Aug. To my knowledge the contract will not be renewed however EMSA is staying put for all of OKC. You might notice some changes over the next year or so around town ;)

OCFD (and TFD up in Tulsa) always make noises about "taking over" EMSA ... actually, it's their IAFF locals that make the noise. Never gonna happen because they'll never do the non-9-1-1 stuff and if EMSA doesn't do inter-facility stuff, the system will crash. Only way it works is to give them a virtual monopoly on EMS transport. Google up Jack Stout. He was a good OU boy and figured this all out about 40 years ago.

I guess I need to google around some and see who's telling what lies this time. :lol:

Edit: I don't get a daily paper any more (Transcript got too stupid) so hadn't heard about EMSA's "issues". Lol! A private ambulance co kicking back to the gov't that contracts with them - UNHEARD OF! :lol::roll::mad:

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
Not one of Jack Stout's ideas ever worked the way he advertised it. The Public Utility Model of EMS had a few successful years, but almost all of them lost so much money that they folded or were taken over by the fire department.

His worst idea is unfortunately his most persistent. System Status Management doesn't do anything except burn out medics at a fantastic rate.

I could go on, but it's way off topic.

OCFD (and TFD up in Tulsa) always make noises about "taking over" EMSA ... actually, it's their IAFF locals that make the noise. Never gonna happen because they'll never do the non-9-1-1 stuff and if EMSA doesn't do inter-facility stuff, the system will crash. Only way it works is to give them a virtual monopoly on EMS transport. Google up Jack Stout. He was a good OU boy and figured this all out about 40 years ago.

I guess I need to google around some and see who's telling what lies this time. :lol:

Edit: I don't get a daily paper any more (Transcript got too stupid) so hadn't heard about EMSA's "issues". Lol! A private ambulance co kicking back to the gov't that contracts with them - UNHEARD OF! :lol::roll::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.