AR DV10 new firwmare 1806B

Status
Not open for further replies.

F5HPE

Hi Gents,
AOR would launch very soon the new firmware version for AR DV10. This is 1806B release with major advances including COSPAS and USB remotes codes and a lot of bug fixes.
Have fun with your DV10.

G7HID

Leave the DV10 alone Brains ! The COSPAS firmware upgrade will be available soon...

Thunderbirds-La-Riviere-318171.jpg

Mike

F5HPE

DV10 firmware update

DV10 firmware update 1806B 2018/06/12
Feature improvements:
- Optional COSPAS-SARSAT distress beacon decoder function added to firmware. (To enable this feature you need to purchase an unlock key at PRO-S.I.C.. Operation instructions will be provided by Prosic.)
- Discriminator direct recording to SD. To activate discriminator recording, open a text file on your PC. Inside this text file type the word "DISC" (in capitals, just the letters DISC) and save this file as DISC.txt. Copy this file to the SD card. Insert the card into the receiver. Whenever the receivers sees this file, it will record the received audio in "discriminator" format (Limited to FM mode, 6kHz, 15kHz and 30kHz bandwidth only). Discriminator audio is an unfiltered signal, also called baseband audio. It is required by some PC applications decoding data signals such as CTCSS, SCA, FSK, RTTY, FAX, Pager data, and trunked system control data, etc... For details we invite you to ask Google.
- WAV file playback now displays playback time stamp, and percentage of total length info. Possibility to fast forward 1.3x, 2x, 4x.
- Fast frequency tuning. Rate of tuning increases depending on how fast the dial selector outer knob is rotated.
- All terminal commands now implemented, except for timer and alarm. The detailed command list will be available online at a later time. However 95% of commands are the same than for the AR-DV1 receiver.
- "Hold" added to DELAY selections in SEARCH GROUP and SCAN GROUP.

Bug fixes:
- Import of SRCHBK.CSV file to receiver produced some errors.
- The ON or OFF setting of "Digital signal info display" sometimes not reflected on MEMCH and SEARCH.
- CSV import: Frequencies without digit after the decimal were rejected.
- Digital info display did not stay on screen until frequency change.
- CTCSS/DCS behaved erratically on strong signals
- Other minor fixes

Last edited:

woodpecker

DV10 firmware update 1806B 2018/06/12
Feature improvements:

F5HPE - As you are the French distributor for the DV10 and are showing it "In Stock" what has AOR been telling you about the DV10 faults or are you just ignoring this and continuing to sell it with the problems?

F5HPE

Mike: you are a very funny guy!
For weeks you are insulting me!
And now you want me to answer ?
May God forgive you !!

Woodpecker: If you want to know the answer, just email me!

woodpecker

Mike: you are a very funny guy!
For weeks you are insulting me!
And now you want me to answer ?
May God forgive you !!

Woodpecker: If you want to know the answer, just email me!

What's your email address?

And by the way DV10 manager locks the radio solid, requiring battery removal but I guess you already know this?

grosminet

any news of a new firmware after Ham fair Japan . I put all my money in ARDV10 and can't take a plane to update my scanner ...LOL

woodpecker

any news of a new firmware after Ham fair Japan . I put all my money in ARDV10 and can't take a plane to update my scanner ...LOL

They've probably spent the last 10 weeks working on the usual update:-

"Improved compatibility of SD card"

woodpecker

Due to my inside knowledge and contacts, I know that AOR are busy until at least 2020 optimising the firmware for SD card compatibility.

When complete they will issue the update ONLY at the Tokyo Hamfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.