Ailunce HD1 or Alinco DJ-AXD4 or TYT-MD390

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhadresh

I am looking for a DMR handheld radio which works both on DMR as well as analog. UHF is mandatory, VHF is good to have.

Which one of these is best?

1. Ailunce HD1
2. Alinco DJ-AXD4
3. TYT-MD390

My Priorities:
------------------
1. Quality
2. Should be able to download user/repeater database
3. Waterproof

If there is any other radio which I haven't listed and fits my requirement then please suggest.

Regards,
Bhadresh (Brad)

Drumbum

It's IP54. I've used it in tornado rain reporting for SKYWARN no problem, don't usually talk in the pool though

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

wrath

Are you using it direct or thru a hotspot?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

N4KVE

I’d check out the new Alinco DJ-MD5. ALINCO showed it at Dayton. Very easy to program it from the keypad. Also Alinco is the only imported dual band DMR radio with a factory authorized service center in the USA. Alinco radios have been sold in the USA for 35+ years. They didn’t just appear last year.

N4KVE

They will be out soon, but when I played with one at Dayton, I could adjust all he settings from the keypad without ever looking at the instruction manual. Very intuitive.

wrath

Why are you shopping eBay and not an actual ham store ? Grapevine amateur radio is ham owned and kinda specializes in DMR radios and codeplugs resources, there are lots of scams on eBay between counterfeit and stolen crap ,most eBay bargains aren't realy bargains at the end of the day.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

bhadresh

I never shop from eBay.

Is there any non-Chinese dual band DMR radio, other than Motorola?

I read that Motorola xpr 7550e can be used as a HAM radio, but it is too costly.

I am looking for something which is better quality than the Chinese radios but less than Motorola.

Any suggestions?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Is there any non-Chinese dual band DMR radio, other than Motorola?

Motorola does not make a dual band DMR radio.

I read that Motorola xpr 7550e can be used as a HAM radio, but it is too costly.

The XPR-7550 covers 136-174MHz in the VHF model, and the UHF model is full on 400-520MHz in one band split.

I am looking for something which is better quality than the Chinese radios but less than Motorola.

Any suggestions?

You will be looking for a long time. The cheap Chinese radios are the only dual band DMR radios on the market at this time. The only non CCR dual band would be linking a Kenwood NX-5700 and a NX-5800 to a single control head. Kenwood does not offer a multi band portable radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N4KVE

If you are looking for a dual band DMR radio, the only choice is a CCR. However, if a single band DMR radio will do, since 95% of DMR repeaters are UHF, the earlier Motorola XPR6550 is an excellent choice. The last one I purchased 2nd hand was $50.

kayleesdad

The HD1 Ailunce lacks selectivity in a high RF environment and for some reason just can't work with a good directional antenna.

https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/alo-dj-md5tgp

The Alinco dual band DMR appears to be available. I would hope that it has good selectivity and a clean signal in analog and digital.

Has anynody tried the new Alinco MD5 DMR?

Last edited:

325xia

Premium Subscriber
Really like my HD1. The new new MD5 sounds promising, yet has half the transmitting power of HD1. Battery life, durability, sound quality, etc., will be hard to beat. My 2

Status
Not open for further replies.