Base scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim01028

Hi, I am looking to buy a newer base type scanner that performs best on the 150 and 450 mhz bands. I monitor ems, police, ham and commercial services. There is very little P25 activity in my area. I use a Tram 1481 roof mounted antenna on my RS Pro2050 and get good coverage, but I think it is time to upgrade. I use the computer to program ham equipment, so I am willing to give scanners a try also. Jim

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
If you are not interested in P-25 capability the only game in town is the Uniden bct15x.

Really ? :confused:

If Jim is willing to buy slightly used there are plenty of other scanners to choose from. Some of which are better in performance than the BCT15X.

I'd be stocking up on surplus commercial gear if I was in this situation. :D

mule1075

Feed Provider
Really ? :confused:

If Jim is willing to buy slightly used there are plenty of other scanners to choose from. Some of which are better in performance than the BCT15X.

I'd be stocking up on surplus commercial gear if I was in this situation. :D
I was going by the assumption of the OP buying new. And if he is going to buy new then what I posted stands. As for commercial gear the OP specifically asked about purchasing a scanner not commercial equipment.

jim01028

Thanks all, I would not be adverse to buying a used scanner. Very good performance in the 150 and 450 mhz bands is mainly what I am looking for advice on

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Personally I then would NOT but a "Whistler" product with the hot front end , on VHF my RS 197s have a ton of intermod….Too bad you cant use a H/H I have a like new Uniden 346xt to sell cause my area now is all Starcom Digital....

Status
Not open for further replies.