PL Tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba1661

WV DB Admin
Database Admin
A local business that I am trying to pick up has a PL tone of 103.8, that was programmed by their radio provider, Is there a way to manually put it it a Pro-651? I have tried everything.

Ubbe

You have probably already tried 103.5 without success so it is most probably another PL tone being used. Could it be 173.8 ?

Go into the West Virginia forum and state the company and frequency and somebody there could then probably give you the correct PL tone.

/Ubbe

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
And just a reminder you don't need a PL tone to monitor a frequency. You would only need PL if you are trying to identify different users on the same frequency.
BB

Bubba1661

WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Actually the Radio Tech told me directly that they programmed those PLs like that on purpose. So I will try to monitor the frequency without a tone and see what happens. Thanks for all the advice!

Ubbe

The difference are 0.3% and standard spec for professional radios are that a CTCSS/PL decoder must not be narrower than 0.5% and max 3% so I do not think that those 3 tenths of a Hertz makes any difference to a scanner. I beleive my AR8200 sometimes even decodes the neigbour CTCSS tones.

Your problem lies somewhere else.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.