Is the serial port protocol documented?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fog

Premium Subscriber
Apologies if this has been answered, searching for anything I could try just turns up a lot of discussion about using established software to program the scanner over the serial port.

Is the protocol used on the serial port documented? I'd be interested in writing a little script to show what channel the scanner is currently on, and perhaps toggle scan/hold. Curious if anyone has done this before and if it's an open/documented protocol. (My master plan, which I haven't started working on, is a sort of mic switch for a few radios with a small LCD character display that could maybe act as a limited remote head.)

I have the BCD536HP but assume (and you know what they say about assuming...) the serial interface is similar across most modern Uniden scanners?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It is, and you can download it with a bit of Google searching.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
A few years ago I built a remote head for the BC780 (search the forums) using an Arduino. Uniden's serial protocol is easy to work with, and from memory, resembles the x36 protocol.

phask

Premium Subscriber
There is still a newer one - search for SDS ,under return version it has entries for SDS100 and SDS200, also later rev date.

Sorry - I can't find it either.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

phask

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.