SDS100/SDS200: Accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xplorer00

Premium Subscriber
LEATHER CASE - Uniden SDS100

Probably too early, but for those that have a SDS100, what are you going to use, or are using, for a leather case?

I'm relucted to get a new SDS100 without a leather case for it, as I've been real disappointed with fading of writing on buttons on previous 436/396 models.

West Marine have the VHF470 that is a similar shape, but it looks like they have no cases for them to tryout for size.

Thoughts on leather cases??

kb8rvp

Leather Cast

Probably too early, but for those that have a SDS100, what are you going to use, or are using, for a leather case?

I'm relucted to get a new SDS100 without a leather case for it, as I've been real disappointed with fading of writing on buttons on previous 436/396 models.

West Marine have the VHF470 that is a similar shape, but it looks like they have no cases for them to tryout for size.

I'm going to be looking for one for sure!

Mike

325xia

Premium Subscriber
The SDS 100 is a solidly built scanner. I doubt you will experience any of the wear that happened to your x36.My 436 still looks great with very little wear in daily use, in the field, for 3 Years. I am using both my 436 and SDS Daily.

Bronty

Premium Subscriber
I would love a nice leather case for mine. I will second that it is built really well. I would love a nice tempered glass screen protector but have not been able to find one with the correct dimensions.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Antenna specifically built for 700/800 systems, and retains weather resistance properties.

srpawski

Premium Subscriber
External battery recharger for keeping extra batteries charged so they don't need to be charged inside the scanner

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
It was told by UPMAN that a drop in charger was in the works for the SDS100 some time this summer if I remember correct.
That was my recollection as well. UPMan was projecting availability of an external charger around August. Which would also be the approximate time that those who were 'early adopters', with the small capacity battery, would get the larger capacity version, plus a different battery compartment door to accommodate the increased battery's physical size.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
It was told by UPMAN that a drop in charger was in the works for the SDS100 some time this summer if I remember correct.

I really hope they put out a charger and extra battteries for sale soon. Is starting to get old to be “tethered” to a cable more often than not...

rcool101

Feed Provider

My thought is until the new battery and door are out you will not see any cases. Can't make a case to fit now and then scanner won't fit later.

pwscott

Premium Subscriber
I'd like to see a cordura nylon case like I have for my BC-436HP...where I can slide it in and out without too much trouble and can put the snap-on loop over the base of the antenna to secure it if I wish.

It's too bad that in Uniden's design for the SDS-100, that they didn't add charging contacts on the radio or the battery (so far) that would allow for the radio to drop into a charger with the battery attached to charge....there could then be a second drop-in spot for a second battery to charge simultaneously.

Last edited:

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
My concern is the display, and it's almost impossible to find plastic screen covers...they're all tempered glass now

mancow

Database Admin
My concern is the display, and it's almost impossible to find plastic screen covers...they're all tempered glass now

I saw that Walmart here has universal device screen protectors available. They were in the electronics area back by the tablets.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Besides the unknown exact size of the SDS100 until the big battery and back comes out we also have the following to consider:

1. How to use the keyboard thru a case that does not have normal buttons.

2. The possible increase failure rate due to excess HEAT build up beyond normal.

klinquist

Premium Subscriber

BestSkinsEver.com lets you order custom sized screen covers. I've got these on all my portable radios. Just ordered one for my SDS100.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Scanner Master, where i got my SDS100, told me wouldnt be a case for it, till they the lasting tooling from the Uniden with the new battery & Door. Then one would be made.

Like others said too, I’d love to have a tampered glass screen protecor for it, i dont know why Uniden doesnt offer one as an accessory. GoPro sales them for there cameras.

I actually mentioned to someone on here the other day, about how it would be nice to have outside battery terminals on the sds100, and a drop in charger, like a home cordless phone setup, be like a “wireless charger”. That would be Really nice, instead of plugging a cable in and out of it and wearing it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

racing1

BestSkinsEver.com lets you order custom sized screen covers. I've got these on all my portable radios. Just ordered one for my SDS100.
Would you mind sharing the dimensions?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

klinquist

Premium Subscriber
Would you mind sharing the dimensions?

Width 38
Height 51
Corner Radius 0
Film Glossy

Note that I have not applied this to my device yet to make sure I ordered the right size. It arrived today but my SDS100 is with Jonathan Wienke getting an internal GPS installed.

I'll post pictures once I get my SDS back and install the protector.

racing1

Width 38
Height 51
Corner Radius 0
Film Glossy

Note that I have not applied this to my device yet to make sure I ordered the right size. It arrived today but my SDS100 is with Jonathan Wienke getting an internal GPS installed.

I'll post pictures once I get my SDS back and install the protector.
Ok how much did it cost for a internal gps mod?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.