Somerset County P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
It appears that my BCD536HP is not receiving Region 1. Checked database for changes, none showing?

Any ideas?

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I drove through there earlier and I got it on my sds100 on 700. I didn't pay attention to my 536.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
I drove through there earlier and I got it on my sds100 on 700. I didn't pay attention to my 536.

Thank you for responding. I haven't received any comms from Region 1 for three days. Been having many problems on this end for awhile. I'm waiting for my SDS100
hope it works out, but from what I read it should be a measureable improvement. If so, bye bye 536's.

Thanks again!

Tac-1

Got my SDS100 on 07/12 did a mobile test with my pro668 the sds100 was about 99.9% copy on NJICS / pro-668 about 30% both with stock antenna, also getting Somerset, Middlesex Counties 700mhz in perfect
I'm located in Linden / NJICS mobile test was Linden to West Orange on the local roads and GSP

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Got my SDS100 on 07/12 did a mobile test with my pro668 the sds100 was about 99.9% copy on NJICS / pro-668 about 30% both with stock antenna, also getting Somerset, Middlesex Counties 700mhz in perfect
I'm located in Linden / NJICS mobile test was Linden to West Orange on the local roads and GSP

Glad to hear your also having good luck with your SDS100! Received my SDS100 last week, been putting it through the paces with Somerset, NJICS and 800 Smartzone NJSP. I'm right up against and west of the Watchung mountains, so Union County not accessable from here. Wish it was! Well worth the wait, it was truly worth it.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
hearing region 1 no issues , on my 436/536, from Bernards Twp, and throughout Somerset County,,, the usual multicast break up sometimes... how does it compare on the SDS100?

I'm amazed with the performance of the SDS100.

I'm in a dead spot here in Green Knoll and wasn't getting great results, hit or miss with the x36HP's. Thought that was the reason. Viewed a You Tube video from Manville, and ordered the SDS100 immediately. Haven't looked back, thought if it didn't work I'd return it. Wouldn't think of letting it go!

Murenovich

Not the Flatlands, Not the Mountains in NJ
I am in a dead spot for Morris county p25. Long Hill is right next door, but I cannot pick it up here in southern Bernards Twp.

I wonder if the SDS100 is any better?

any idea?

I have this same exact issue here in Warren I'm just south of long hill and i dont get anything but LSM issues. I know Morris P25 is composed of directional antennas but my buddy with a Unication was getting them clear as day on my porch and inside my house. I have a 436HP and I've tried everything including SDR's and multiple digital scanners and roof mounted antennas. Would love to know if the SDS would solve these issues.

I also have noticed recently that all the PD regions seem to operate randomly between Phase and Phase 2 mode as well as being either on the UHF simulcast or on the 700 Simulcast. I'm not 100% sure what is going on but it seems to be random from day to day. I am going to run unitrunker on it for the next week and see what I can see.

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
The Long Hill Township transmitter site for Morris County p25 system is some sort of low-power directional sitev on top of the hill in Long Hill Township.. I only receive it when I am in Long Hill. Rest of the county operates on Mount freedom Tower as well as other sites... I find it very interesting that there are so many dead areas right outside the morris county line. As far as Somerset County p25 system I am experiencing very random uhf and 700 usage varies by the day.. the system is very spotty... Some days full quieting perfect... Some days barely readable in and around southern Bernards Township.

richee2000

as of this morning, friday 7/27/18, Somerset County had all police units go to countywide channels, they did some sort of transmitter change, all PD units switched back to their usual channels, and now the entire system is barely readable in southern bernards twp... signal strength way down on both uhf and 700... anyone have any ideas?

richee2000

Oh thanks but whatever was done was just temporary while some sort of Maintenance was performed on the system. Wondering if anyone sees any difference is signal strength at this point on 700 or UHF?

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Oh thanks but whatever was done was just temporary while some sort of Maintenance was performed on the system. Wondering if anyone sees any difference is signal strength at this point on 700 or UHF?

Using the SDS100, if that’s any help, before this maintenance today Region 7 & 3 had issues. Now, all comms are great!

Status
Not open for further replies.