Radioshack pro651

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc8zdf

A post sometime ago where you could hold certain key combinations on the pro651 scanner to have the keypad backlight be on or off to save battery? The screen backlight still works as normal.

Does this ring a bell for anyone? I have a pro651 and can't remember how to do so.

shoedaddy

Hi, PRO-651 programming issues, I paid for radio shack program, before they went out of businesses, back in 2015. I also tried to buy it again about a year ago,. Now when I try to use it I get a 7 day trial period and can only use to banks of my scanner, I travel a lot and would like to have multiple states on different banks.
One other issue I have is with the usb cord from radio shack will not communicate the scanner to the computer, {worked about a month ago} so I updated my computer usb ports, ran the disk that comes with the cords { lost the build I had made to replace the last bunch of programs lol due to the find duplicate button right on top of the remove duplicate button, removes both duplicates, so leave you with out any frequencies that were duplicates}
Any who I recon I am looking for advice as to where I can get a real radio shack {type} of a program to rebuild my Radio Shack Pro-651 Scanner. Thank You .
P.S. I am new to this posting thread stuff, I just realized I am typing in a reply box of a trhead that I thought was a Radio Shack Pro- 651 Thread, But with all fairness to me the sign does say All Radio Shack Comments ---> Go to the back of the line, or something like that .

N8IAA

Hi, PRO-651 programming issues, I paid for radio shack program, before they went out of businesses, back in 2015. I also tried to buy it again about a year ago,. Now when I try to use it I get a 7 day trial period and can only use to banks of my scanner, I travel a lot and would like to have multiple states on different banks.
One other issue I have is with the usb cord from radio shack will not communicate the scanner to the computer, {worked about a month ago} so I updated my computer usb ports, ran the disk that comes with the cords { lost the build I had made to replace the last bunch of programs lol due to the find duplicate button right on top of the remove duplicate button, removes both duplicates, so leave you with out any frequencies that were duplicates}
Any who I recon I am looking for advice as to where I can get a real radio shack {type} of a program to rebuild my Radio Shack Pro-651 Scanner. Thank You .
P.S. I am new to this posting thread stuff, I just realized I am typing in a reply box of a trhead that I thought was a Radio Shack Pro- 651 Thread, But with all fairness to me the sign does say All Radio Shack Comments ---> Go to the back of the line, or something like that .

Win500. It will cost you, but you can program your radio as much as you like.
Software for RadioShack PRO-series (PRO-92, 93, 95, 96, 97, 99, 163, 164, 106, 197, 651, 652), Whistler (WS1040, WS1065), and GRE PSR-series (PSR-500, 600, 300, 400, 310, 410) scanners

Larry

DJ11DLN

Another vote for Win500 & a Premium Membership, which will make life much easier for you. There is also ARC500 and PSREdit, both of which will do the job as well. All 3 have a 30-day free trial so test drive them all before you buy...it usually comes down to user preference. As far as the computer not recognizing the cable, I've had to reinstall the correct driver for my cable multiple times because Windows 10 keeps replacing it with what MS thinks is the correct one, which doesn't work. Give that a try.

And a bit of unsolicited advice, and bearing in mind that I'm a big fan of the 651 and its cousins...you say you travel a lot. A Uniden scanner with the GPS puck will make that aspect of your life a lot easier too!

troymail

Silent Key
The best method, as stated above, for lots of programming of your radio is using something like Win500 and a good working programming cable. That can be improved by also obtaining a premium subscription for RR.

You can also program a system using Win500 without a RR subscription - either entering basic information by hand or cut and paste from the RRDB listings.

However, you're not dead in the water without these things. For super basic programming, you can program it by entering data using the keypad:
https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Programming_Shortcut_PSR-500/600_RS_Pro-106/197

You can program a P25 system and start monitoring in a matter of minutes through keypad programming (you don't need to program the entire system / data).

shoedaddy

Hey, Howdy I want to Thank You Folks for the help, and a push in the right direction, ... seems like the WIN500, is as popular as the win300 , wink smiley face.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
V folders

Don’t forget the nice feature of v folders, you said you travel around? New v folder for every state or city you go? Just remember if you make a change (add a channel on the go) to stor the v folder before loading a new one or you lose the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.