• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

baofang uv-8r

Status
Not open for further replies.

swemt

Premium Subscriber
Help

Just purchased this radio because in needed the 500-520MHZ range , but I cant find any software to program the chirp doesn't work . I have tried multiple version on different radios but no luck. I have emailed baofang tech but , no luck there either.

It can be done a few have done but no one is sharing the secret. Please help or suggest anther dual band radio with the same capabilities.

Any suggestions.

Scott

swemt

Premium Subscriber
uv-8y

It just wont read or write not sure if its a bad connection or a bad radio.

Scott

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It just wont read or write not sure if its a bad connection or a bad radio.

There are a lot of cheap Baofeng cables out there with fake Prolific chips in them that simply do not work. Make sure your programming cable has a FTDI serial-USB chip in it or you will likely have nothing but trouble.

SpugEddy

Premium Subscriber
Yes. Also, I installed the prolific drivers, then had to uninstall and
roll back the driver to an earlier version.
After plugging in your cable, go to device manager
Go to Ports (Com & LPT) and expand it
The Prolific driver should be listed there along with the
assigned COM Port #
(example) Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port (COM2)

then go into chirp and make sure you set the COM port to 2 (or whatever
port your cable is assigned to)

Status
Not open for further replies.