AMPS from a Yaesu FTM-100DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

trx680

I'm looking at the "YAESU LF-1 DC Noise Filter for Mobile DC Cables - 13 Amps Maximum" for a 100DR.
I'm trying to look on Yaesu website but its not up at the moment.

So I'm trying to find out what the maximum Amps that radio would pull to see if that filter is compatible.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Specs say 11amps on VHF and 12 amps on UHF at full power.

So, it should work.
However, they will hide issues. It's always a good idea to fix the core problem rather than just buying a product to hide it.
Proper grounding and wiring can resolve a lot of issues.

wrath

Your first issues should be :

Make sure your not connected to a cigar plug (they will bring major noise)
Buying some ferrite chokes wrap a couple of turns of both hot and ground wires , your coax , and any external speaker wires through them , all separately. If you are using a remote head run it though some chokes also.

Run good plugs and wires , if its alternator whine rebuild it .make sure your hood, trunk and doors have good body grounds ,if your not sure buy some grounding braid cable and instalit yourself (make sure you have a Dremel tool or something to get the connection points down to bare metal for proper grounding)

If you still have problems after covering those bases try a noise filter, but chances are good you will have tackled the issue by ensuring you have a good install,properly isolated

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.