Sposty and Stafford programming for BCD 436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcooke

I downloaded the programming information for Spotsylvania and Stafford from Radio Reference web site for programming the BCD436HP. I am not receiving any channels from Spotsy except their high band dispatch. Are all their channels encrypted both fire and sheriff.
Stafford I get an occasional garbled channel.
Am I missing something using the Radio Reference information. Using Butel ARC software.
All other radio system I have programmed work fine.
Any help would useful

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Try updating the database in Sentinel and scanning from that before trying to make your own favorite lists.

fredva

Feed Provider
Law enforcement is mostly encrypted but Fire/EMS dispatch and incident channels are in the clear.

Garbled or even missed transmissions could be due to simulcast distortion. Simulcast distortion is affected by location, so you could try going to different locations with the scanner to see if reception improves. I found that the Blue and Gray Parkway and Route 2 in Fredericksburg tend to give me better reception of the Stafford/Fredericksburg system.

K3EP

Concur with what fredva said. I use the ARC software on my scanners without any issues. I don't monitor Spotsy, so I can't help you there.

jcooke

I notice that in the data on Radio Reference Spotsylvania has listed 11 Primary control channels and no secondary channels. Does this make a difference in programming the scanner.
St Marys county, MD has a Harris system with 10 frequencies, and they list one primary control channel and 9 secondary channels.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I notice that in the data on Radio Reference Spotsylvania has listed 11 Primary control channels and no secondary channels. Does this make a difference in programming the scanner.

Program all the frequencies. The control channel can change without notice, and if you only have the current control channel programmed, the site will go dark if it changes--you won't receive any more traffic until you program the new control channel. Some systems rotate the control channels on a regular basis.

troymail

Silent Key
St Marys county, MD has a Harris system with 10 frequencies, and they list one primary control channel and 9 secondary channels.

Each system has a different number of frequencies based on the amount of expected activity on the system.

The information posted on RRDB is one or one scanner users "collective observations" (at one time or another) of the system verses "absolute things" from the system owners/admins. And, things change from time to time.

Unlike Motorola systems, Harris systems tend to allow for any/all of the system/site frequencies to be used as control channels at one time or another. In these cases, the only safe thing to do is program all of the known frequencies (even though there are some situations where you might want to do differently).

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Spotsylvania

Where there any changes recently to the system? My reception now of the trunking system on fire is dead now. I am only receiving the VHF simulcast of channel 1.

As I typed this message my scanner just came to life. must have had a transmit site down. receiving P25 system again.

Each system has a different number of frequencies based on the amount of expected activity on the system.

The information posted on RRDB is one or one scanner users "collective observations" (at one time or another) of the system verses "absolute things" from the system owners/admins. And, things change from time to time.

Unlike Motorola systems, Harris systems tend to allow for any/all of the system/site frequencies to be used as control channels at one time or another. In these cases, the only safe thing to do is program all of the known frequencies (even though there are some situations where you might want to do differently).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.