Baofeng BF-F8+ DTCS Missing in Chirp

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisARitz

Premium Subscriber
I have some Motorola radios I use for racing. They came pre-programmed from the seller with 4 channels. I called them and got the frequencies, along with the DTCS codes.

I've also purchased some Baofengs for backups and have programmed them using CHIRP. On 3 of the four channels,I'm fine. However, there's one with a DTCS code they gave me that doesn't exist in the pull down menue in CHIRP. The code is 511.

Any suggestions on how I could get that one to work? I want to remain consistent with my already programmed Motorolas.

Thanks!

Chris

ChrisARitz

Premium Subscriber
I have some Motorola radios I use for racing. They came pre-programmed from the seller with 4 channels. I called them and got the frequencies, along with the DTCS codes.

I've also purchased some Baofengs for backups and have programmed them using CHIRP. On 3 of the four channels,I'm fine. However, there's one with a DTCS code they gave me that doesn't exist in the pull down menue in CHIRP. The code is 511.

Any suggestions on how I could get that one to work? I want to remain consistent with my already programmed Motorolas.

Thanks!

Chris

Sorry if I wasn't clear. These frequencies and radios were programmed for ME, not someone else. I'm needing to program my baofeng's to both broadcast and listen.

Thanks

ChrisARitz

Premium Subscriber
what are the other tones and frequencys?

Channel Frequency DTCS

Ritz 1 468.2125 511
Ritz 2 468.5125 432
Ritz 3 463.3000 411
Ritz 4 459.3000 632

I spoke to the place that programmed it yesterday and they said Motorola has some"proprietary" tones and that 511 is one of them. Not a typo.

I think I'm going to re-program channel 1 to a "Standard" tone. Ordered my cable this morning and have the software ready.

ChrisARitz

Premium Subscriber
UPDATE: I got the cable and software for the Motorola. 511 is the actual code programmed in the radios. What is weird is that my Uniden scanner reads it as a 432. I programmed the Baofeng to 432 and all is good. It seems 511 and 432 are the same.....

My friend also has a Motorola programmed using 112 for a privacy code. The Uniden comes up blank when reading the code.

Bottom line - MotorolaCP200's use some unique codes not universally recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.